Have Sensual Hair This Fall With A Modern, Braided ChignonWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Brandy Gomez-Duplessis
Photos courtesy of Aveda
Hair by Aveda Global Director Antoinette Beenders
As we go deeper into the fall season, many brides will make a decision to try a new up-do that is not youthful, but modern and trendy. An elegant look that many hair stylists will master this season is from designer Sophie Théallet. This is a great look that she envisioned inspired by statuesque Mexican women. The hair is strong, polished and chic. It's a sensual look, but will allow destination brides to bring attention to the beautiful dress and not fussy hair. The chic black headband that was used for the modern braided chignon can be replaced with a favorite keepsake or an item from a loved one.
Here's how to get this look on your destination wedding day:
1. Prep damp hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother for smoothness. Use a fine-tooth comb to create a clean center part and then blow dry straight using a Mason Pearson brush.
2. Brush hair back tightly and secure into a high ponytail below the crown—at the back of the head—using an elastic. Spray with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for shine and light hold.
3. Braid the ponytail. Gently massage braid with fingers for texture and spray with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray for maximum hold.
4. Attach a black taffeta headband (or your favorite headpiece) around the base of the braid at the crown of the head,and secure with hairpins.
5. Fold the braid in half and loop upward to create a vertical, braided chignon. Secure against the head with hairpins. Set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
About: Brandy Gomez-Duplessis is a Celebrity Makeup Artist who currently resides in New York and part time in New Orleans. Brandy is also a L'OREAL Paris Pro Makeup Artist. You can also keep up with Brandy by reading her personal blog "Inside The Life of A Makeup Artist", her fashion blog "Black Tie Stiletto" or follow her glamxurious tweets on twitter.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email