Tuesday, October 19, 2010
This New England Resort Offers Added Perks For Winter WeddingsWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photos courtesy of Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay
Very often when winter brides think of destination weddings, their minds immediately fly to the tropics or the Caribbean. While there are obvious perks to these warm destinations—not everyone can afford to jet-set south. Thankfully, there are resorts close to home that offer the same luxury and amenities of topical resorts. Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay in Cambridge, Maryland is one such resort and has a new winter wedding package catering to destination couples.
Couples looking to say “I Do” away—but not too far away—are drawn to the ease of planning a wedding at this full-service resort. It’s common for guests to stay on property for events and activities throughout their stay, much like a tropical all-inclusive. For couples getting married between November 2010-April 2011 and November 2011-April 2012, the Hyatt Regency at Chesapeake Bay is offering a special wedding deal which allows couples to save up to 45%.
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay’s Winter Wedding Offer includes the following:
• A complimentary upgrade to a Chesapeake Suite which features spectacular views of the Choptank River, a large wrap-around balcony, a parlor and a Jacuzzi.
• A complimentary guestroom for couples to celebrate their one year anniversary.
• A 25% discount on the wedding menu which can include Eastern Shore seafood favorites like crake cakes with roasted sweet corn butter.
• Discounted rooms for wedding guests and discounted valet parking.
• One additional feature from the following options: a complimentary couple’s massage at the resort’s Stillwater Spa & Salon, two complimentary guestrooms on the night of the wedding for guests, a complimentary bridal luncheon for up to 10 people, or an upgraded wedding ceremony site with draping, staging and up-lighting.
If you choose this four-diamond resort for your big event, rest assured your guests will stay entertained. Unique events include a sunset seafood dinner on a historic paddle-wheeler cruise and a laid-back crab feast at J.M. Clayton Company, the nation’s oldest crab house.
There are also many amenities to keep family and friends happy and relaxed. These include the River Marsh Golf Club’s 18-hole championship course, the 18,000 square-foot Stillwater Spa, and Camp Hyatt at Pirate’s Cove, a fun-filled activities program to keep those kiddos busy. The property just underwent a seven-million-dollar renovation in 2009 and is nestled on 342 acres along the Choptank River. For reservations or more information on holding your destination wedding at this Hyatt Regency, please visit http://www.chesapeakebay.hyatt.com/ or call (800) 633-7313.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email