5 Easy Tips For Shedding Those Last Few Pounds Before W-DayWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photo courtesy of FAQS.org
It’s wedding season here in the US and brides across all 50 states are undoubtedly trying to shed those last few pounds in order to be in tip-top shape come W-day. Destination brides will not only be donning a bridal gown, but more often than not - a bikini too! Expert Nutritionist Dr. Lisa Davis is the Director of Research and Development for Medifast and has developed 5 easy tips to help brides slim down before their wedding.
1. Begin the day with a high protein breakfast. Protein-rich shakes, bars, and eggs make excellent choices that fill you up and stave off hunger for hours.
2. Tuck away portion-controlled snacks, like Medifast Meals, in your purse and make sure to eat one every 2 to 3 hours. Your blood sugar levels will stay steady and so will your mood.
3. Keep plenty of low-calorie fruits and vegetables handy to snack on – they offer an antioxidant punch to help reduce the stress of planning a wedding, and give your skin a healthy glow.
4. Get plenty of sleep, 7-8 hours per night. Studies show it can help you attain that wedding day figure.
5. Hydration, Hydration, Hydration! Drink water as opposed to calorie laden beverages.
These 5 tips are easy to combine with your regular workout routine, but will make shedding those last few pounds a little easier. Above all, remember that you’ll be absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day whether you lost those last 5 pounds or not!
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email