Thursday, May 19, 2011
Tips to Increase Your Beauty Inside & Out Before W-DayWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photo courtesy of Place360 Health + Spa
Whether you’re a bride who has decided to have a destination wedding or to get married on your home turf, odds are there are things you’re going to try and improve about yourself before W-day. Having been a multi-time bridesmaid, I’ve seen many a bride get engaged and immediately start counting calories. However, there’s much more to looking and feeling your best than simply shredding some pounds. Place360 Health + Spa has created a health and beauty program for brides that addresses all aspects of what makes a woman beautiful.
The 360-degree health program tackles beauty regimens and health services in three months leading up to your wedding. Beauty regimens include facials and waxing and health services include things like acupuncture, exercise, nutrition and life coaching. Place360’s health and beauty program for brides tries to ensure brides not only look beautiful come W-day, but are prepared for the next phase of their life both inside and out. Here are some tips from Place260 Health + Spa for how to prep for your wedding day.
Prepping for your Wedding from PLACE360 Health + Spa:
- Take time to relax. As the wedding nears, schedules become busy and tensions can rise…along with tension comes stress.
- Rescue Remedy is a great floral essence blend for stress and anxiety. It comes in a spray bottle and is easily accessible at health food stores. It simply slips into your purse so you can carry it with you.
- Calm yourself by practicing abdominal breathing. Expand your ribs, breath down into your diaphragm -- like you are pushing your belly out on the inhale. Put your tongue on the roof of your mouth to help ease jaw clench. Do this when you feel overwhelmed and taking 3-4 breaths to calm down. This method can be practiced anywhere.
- Take time to disconnect from stress and reconnect with yourself and your own rhythm. Take a barefoot walk on grass or sand, it provides a greater sense of connecting with nature. Or, take baths with essential oils such as ylang ylang or lavender.
- Take time to enjoy a massage at least once a month leading up to your wedding. This will provide you with an overall sense of relaxation while easing tense, sore muscles.
For Good Sleep and Energy:
- Vitamin B and Magnesium are great for calming down. Magnesium helps promote better sleep while vitamin B helps increase energy levels. A great way to take Magnesium is to use Natural Calm, a relaxing magnesium supplement that you can sip.
- Limit your caffeine and alcohol intake.
Beauty, not Bridezilla:
- Establish a monthly facial routine at least three months leading up to your wedding. Combine this with a monthly massage for dual benefit.
- Eyelash extensions are a fantastic way to look great for your groom -- and they will last through the honeymoon too -- no mascara needed.
- Take care of your waxing needs (brows, lip etc.) 7-8 days prior to the wedding to avoid redness on the big day.
Take advantage of PLACE360’s Bridal Package which begins three months prior to the wedding date. PLACE360’s three-month wedding package begins at the rate of $2,120, but can be customized for every bride’s needs. Wedding party pricing is based on a personalized program, which includes spa services and food and beverage selections. For more information about PLACE360 or to arrange a consultation, call 858-793-1104 or visit their web site.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email