Thursday, December 8, 2011
Holiday Gift Guide: Perfect & PersonalizedWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photos courtesy of Things Remembered
The holiday season is fast approaching and we’ve got a gift guide which is perfect for the sentimentally inclined. Whether you’re saying “I do,” or helping a best friend down the aisle, you’re going to want to say “thank you.” Things Remembered is a gift-giving staple and is known for their custom pieces and heartfelt messages. They are making an effort this holiday season to move beyond the cliché and into the realm of chic sophistication. They’ve put together a gift guide which will suit everyone on your gift-giving list.
• Expressions Braid Wish Bracelet: Talk about a chic way to show bridesmaids just how special they are! This exquisite piece features a braided, three-strand bracelet and wish box heart that opens to reveal a special message engraved on the modern two-toned charm. Regardless of what’s engraved inside, this gift is truly one of a kind — just like her.
• NFL Tankards: Regardless of which team the groomsmen root for, there are sure to be a plethora of memories they share from watching their favorite pastime. Emblazoned with the colors of his favorite team, these mugs also can be engraved on the back, perfect for raising a toast to his No. 1 fan.
• Digital Photo Keychain: They’ve experienced a lot together and have the photos to prove it. This engravable photo keychain holds up to 100 photos of the bride and her best friends, with room for engraving on the back. Engrave it with a special saying and they’ll be reminded of they’re special friendship every time they pick up their keys.
• Pocket Watch: A truly timeless gift, Things Remembered’s selection of pocket watches make an instantly classic accessory. Whether he prefers a polished finish over matte, gold over silver or a numeric dial over Roman, the options are endless. Packaged in a special presentation box, it's easily elevated to heirloom status with a special engraved message.
• Beaded Compacts: An essential item in any woman’s purse, this elegant compact is perfect for makeup touchups in between wedding photos or for checking her hair after a night of dancing at the reception. The compact features two mirrors, one regular mirror and one with 2x magnification, and a sleek magnetic closure. And it's engravable on both sides, so there's lots of room to add a special message.
• Sterling Birthstone Locket Bracelet: A traditional method of keeping a cherished photo close to heart, this unique sterling silver bracelet features an easy-to-clasp lobster claw closure, a tiny heart-shaped locket and a gem displaying her birthstone or the wedding colors. Simply place a favorite photo inside and personalize it with her monogram or an engraved note from the bride.
• Gunmetal Coin Edge Cuff Links: Great accessories never go out of style, and these classic cuff links add new dimension to an outfit. Give the best guys an edge with this timeless accessory, monogrammed with their initials. The gunmetal design provides a sophisticated accent and makes for a great addition to any dressed-up fall or winter wardrobe.
• Customized Wedding Logo: Just like their love, a couple’s wedding logo is a personal, one-of-a-kind way to make a special day even more memorable. It's a distinctive signature of their commitment to each other, and adds the perfect finishing touch that lets them personalize the look of their love. Simply choose from classic, casual or and contemporary styles and the logo is theirs to keep! Free with a $150 purchase.
• Photo to Canvas: Turn a favorite wedding memory into a trendy work of art for the home. Things Remembered offers gallery-quality photo canvasses of their most cherished photos, and an individual artist helps create the perfect piece. An enlarged photo can be printed on canvas in full color, black and white or sepia, or even printed on brushed aluminum. It can be personalized with the couple’s name, wedding date or any other special reflection. Available in a variety of sizes, up to 30” x 40”.
• USB Memory Dog Tags: A quintessential men’s fashion accessory, this traditional dog tag gets a modern, tech spin perfect for his go-to guys. One of the silver-plated dog tags hides a USB drive that flips open for easy use and holds two gigs of files. Save photos of spring break or guys-only road trip on the USB drive before gifting, and engrave the set’s tags with his name and a personalized message. Both tags are attached to a classic ball chain for a fashionable yet masculine style.
• Silver Journal with Pen: Photos allow us to visually remember a wedding day, but words allow us to express those memories like nothing else. Why not cherish the entire process — from proposal to post-honeymoon — by logging memories into this sleek and stylish journal? The cover’s silver plating and classic etched border give it a timeless look. Engrave the lyrics to the song from their first dance on the front to start their story off right.
• Wish Box: This polished silver Wish Box is the perfect touch to hold onto that feeling of their wedding day. Display with note cards at the reception and encourage guests to jot wishes for the couple. Have guests place the cards in the custom-engraved, velvet-lined box and they'll both have a ball reading them when they return from their honeymoon — and every year on their anniversary.
• Charm Story Collection: Completely customizable to fit the story of their friendship, choose a bracelet in one of four designs, or the toggle charm necklace, and add on engravable charms to create a one-of-a-kind gift. Use the graduation cap to stimulate memories of high school graduation together; the starfish charm to signify a tropical spring break; or the purse charm to represent the love of shopping they share.
Did you see something you like? If so, any of these gifts can be purchased and personalized at any of the 600 Things Remembered stores nationwide. For more information, or to find the location nearest you, visit ThingsRemembered.com
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email