Destination Romantic Weekend: High-End Treatment in the Windy CityWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photos courtesy of PUBLIC Chicago
Looking to do something special for your one and only? Sometimes the thought is there, but it’s coming up with a plan for romance which is the hard part. Thankfully, there are resorts/hotels throughout the world which have done the hard work for you. PUBLIC Chicago is one such destination who has a romance package fit for a queen or king!
PUCLIC Chicago is the transformation of the renowned Chicago institution, Ambassador East which was built back in 1926. In its hey-dey, the hotel hosted the likes of Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor and Marilyn Monroe. The hotel has been modernized but hasn’t lost the historic, hipster vibe. If you’re looking for the romantic weekend of a lifetime, this hotel's “PUBLIC Display of Affection” package is just the thing.
The package includes two nights’ accommodations in a one-of-a-kind Celebrity Suite and the all-inclusive itinerary below:
• Dinner at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Pump Room’s legendary Booth #1
• A bottle of chilled Dom Perignon Rose and chocolate covered strawberries in-suite
• Couples can explore a customized tour of Chicago with an expert guide and personal shopper in a chauffeured, private luxury car
• Upon return from an afternoon of shopping and sightseeing, enjoy an in-room couples massage
• Saturday evening, indulge in a custom-designed menu by Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, served to in-suite
• Decadent brunch at The Pump Room prior to a late check out
• Depart with a Le Labo candle as a memento of your stay
The package costs $4,500 and is based on double occupancy. Subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. For further information and to learn more about their celebrity suites please visit PublicHotels.com. You must book your weekend by the end of February, but the package is available throughout 2012.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email