Monday, May 28, 2012
Destination Weddings: How to Incorporate Furry FriendsWords by Courtney Kellar
Words by: Kelly Ryan
Information provided by: NAPPS
Photos provided by: Applycouple.com
Summer time brings sunshine, warmth and the hectic race to plan your destination wedding. It’s easy to get caught up on pre-wedding hysteria and forget about the most loyal of your friends, your pets. Don’t leave your old friend out in the cold; better yet incorporate them in the wedding party! The National Association ofProfessional Pet Sitters is here to the rescue to make sure your furry family isn’t overlooked.
“A pet plays an important role in a couple’s life and for many pet parents, family festivities would not be complete without their pet’s involvement,” says President of NAPPS, John D’Ariano. “As a result, this trend will continue to gain traction. It’s becoming more common for couples to customize their wedding parties to include family, friends, and furry companions.”
If wedding bells are in your future and Fido, Mittens, or Tweety will be a part of your special day, consider these tips from NAPPS:
· Consider your pet’s behavior. Is he obedient and well behaved? Will your pet feel comfortable around your guests?
· Confirm with your ceremony facility that pets are welcome.
· Don’t jeopardize style for safety. If you plan to accessorize your pet with wedding day attire, be sure it fits properly and does not create discomfort for your pet.
· Inform guests that your pet will be participating in the ceremony. Doing so will prepare those with pet allergies.
· Notify your photographer to capture your pet in action. You’ll want to remember the moment he walked down then aisle or she sat pretty with the wedding party.
Destinationweddings are no longer a luxury exclusive for the wealthy. They have become a popular alternative to traditional church ceremonies, extending the wedding celebration for multiple days and sometimes weeks. Many brides and grooms are choosing to celebrate their nuptials and honeymoon in a remote location, inviting family and close friends to accompany them to a tropical island or exotic country. By hiring a professional pet sitter for the extent of your wedding getaway, you and your guests will be able to enjoy the celebrations and know that Fido, Mittens and Tweety are receiving the specialized care they need.
NAPPSwill work with you to make sure your domesticated loved ones are cared for and in tip-top shape for your big day. As you plan your destination wedding, your pets will be right by your side when you want them, but babysat by the professionals when it’s time to visit and attend to the more civil hominids.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email