Honeymoon in Switzerland: Two Grand & Glorious LocalesWords by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
Photos courtesy of Baur au Lac & Beau-Rivage Palace
It’s sweet when two great things combine to become even better. Such is the case with the “Best of Switzerland” package. Two of Switzerland’s top hotels have joined forces to create a four-night itinerary worthy of a pair of royals – or newlyweds! The four-night itinerary begins at Zurich at the Baur au Lac, located steps from Lake Zurich, the world-famous Bahnhofstrasse, the central Paradeplatz and the city’s bustling financial district. You will also enjoy a night at Zurich’s famed Opera.
After two nights in Zurich, travel by train to Lausanne and the Beau-Rivage Palace, located adjacent to Lake Geneva. Visit local vineyards and dine at the property’s famous two-star Michelin restaurant, Anne-Sophie Pic. Beau-Rivage Palace is situated on ten acres of private gardens with spectacular views of the Swiss Alps. The complete four-night itinerary includes:
• Two nights' accommodation at the Baur au Lac, breakfast included
• Welcome drink, chocolate from the hotel's in-house chocolatier and fruits upon arrival at the newly renovated Terrasse or the Rive Gauche Bar
• Two tickets to Zurich's Opera
• Dinner for two at the newly renovated Pavillon restaurant
• Transfers by Rolls Royce Phantom from airport to hotel and from hotel to train station
• Train tickets from Zurich to Lausanne
• Two nights' accommodation at the Beau-Rivage Palace, breakfast included
• Welcome drink upon arrival
• Dinner for two at Anne-Sophie Pic at the Beau-Rivage Palace
• Wine tasting for two at the nearby Lavaux vineyards (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
• Transfers from train station to hotel and from hotel to airport
This offer is valid through December 31, 2012 and is prices from CHF 3,068 (about $3,369 US) per person, based on double occupancy. For more information about each property or to book your “Best of Switzerland” package, visit BaurAuLac.ch or brp.ch.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email