Sun Protection: Look Your Best & Stay Sunburn-Free!Words by Courtney Kellar Words by Courtney Cox
- Sport Spray SPF 50 ($15.99)
- This ultra sweat resistant spray is designed for active people who want maximum protection from UVA and UVB rays.
- Sun Spray Lotion SPF 30 ($15.95)
- Combining natural mineral zinc oxide, with other effective sunscreens, this product’s got you covered against UVA and UVB rays; water resistant and fragrance free.
- Sun Spray Oil SPF 30 ($12.95)
- An easy to apply, oil based sunscreen that offers fragrance free UVA and UVB protection that’s water resistant; the perfect sunscreen for those who play hard and enjoy the outdoors.
- Sun Screen SPF 18 with Oat Protein Complex ($11.95)
- The all natural mineral sun block helps fight damaging free radicals, is quick and easy to apply, water resistant and fragrance free.
- Sun Screen SPF 30 with Oat Protein Complex ($12.95)
- Oat protein protects and soothes skin, reducing irritation.
- Natural Mineral SPF 40 ($16.99)
- This all natural mineral sun block blends in clear and contains titanium dioxide and zinc oxide, providing full protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Face Factor SPF 30 and SPF 50 for Face and Neck ($12.95 and $13.95)
- Green tea extract, peptides and licorice extract help fight free radicals, stimulate collagen production and help reduce the signs of aging. NOTE: My boyfriend is an avid golfer and has been struggling to find a facial sunscreen which can last through a five-hour round of golf and not leave his skin greasy and beard with a white tint. This product did the trick and he not applies it before every round.
- Hot Spots SPF 30 ($8.95)
- Made with certified organic ingredients including beeswax, coconut oil and aloe, this sunscreen is perfect for all those delicate facial areas that need extra protection from the sun – ears, brow, lips, nose and cheeks.
- Kiss My Face Sport Lip Balm SPF 30 ($3.49)
- The convenient lip balm is made with natural beeswax, coconut oil, Vitamin E and Shea Butter to soothe, smooth and protect lips, offering UVA and UVB protection all day. NOTE: This Lip Balm has quickly become a part of my daily routine. The beeswax and Shea Butter keep my lips soft, while the balm has a nice, natural smell. My friends are constantly asking to borrow it.
- Kids Natural Mineral Sunblock SPF 30 ($14.99)
- Natural mineral sunscreen for fun in the sun; gluten free and biodegradable .
- Kids Sun Stick SPF 30 ($10.99)
- This 100% natural mineral sun block works for kids’ lips, nose, cheeks and ears and is available in blue, white and pink. NOTE: I gave a pink Kids Sun Stick to my two year-old niece and she went completely bananas for it. Instead of struggling to get her to sit still for sunscreen, she gladly smothered herself in the pink sun stick giggling and completely unaware that she was actually protecting herself against the sun!
All of the above are perfect for a trip to the beach or a lengthy amount of time outdoors, but what about everyday use? It’s imperative to wear some form of SPF every day in order to reduce the signs of aging and your chances of melanoma. Enter the Anti-AgingBB Cream SPF 40 from Hydroxatone. This product serves as a tinted moisturizer and SPF all in one. It hydrates, conceals, brightens the look of skin and reduces the look of aging in one cream. Our editor in chief gave this product a go and has been raving about it ever since. She said it’s one of her favorite products she’s ever used and is already planning on ordering more as soon as she runs out.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email