Say "I Do" on Every ContinentWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Abercrombie & Kent
Your destination wedding is the time to dream big. I mean really, really big. Celebrating your nuptials is a special occasion that you and your new spouse will never be able to reproduce, so why not go all-out? Depending on your budget, work schedule and lots of other factors, your location possibilities will vary. For the fun of it, we’re sharing an out-of-this-world wedding package and itinerary from Abercrombie & Kent.
A&K, a luxury travel company, has been around since it was founded in 1962 and has earned quite a reputation within the travel industry. In fact, booking your honeymoon through A&K could grant you possible private or exclusive access to museums, archaeological sites and cultural attractions around the world. Depending on your preference, the company has several different types of itineraries to choose from: a Luxury Small Group Journey, the finest group travel experience in the world; a Connections Journey, which combines A&K’s renowned service with unbeatable value; a Marco Polo Journey to an exotic locale or local festival; a private Signature Series itinerary; or a custom Tailor Made luxury journey created just for you.
Today we’re sharing A&K’s ultimate Luxury Tailor Made Travel itinerary. Ideal for the couple that is well traveled and can’t decide on just one wedding locale, this unforgettable experience allows you to say “I do” on all seven continents. A Tailor Made itinerary is completely customizable, so you could choose your own locations on each continent, but here is an example from A&K:
- Day 1/2: Auckland, New Zealand
- Day 3/4/5: Rotorua - Guests will partake in a traditional Korowai Ceremony, the Maori love ceremony, during which you wear a Maori wedding cloak. The ceremony includes a Maori priest blessing, cultural performers, Maori love songs, and Maori flax flowers with a wine celebration.
- Day 6/7/8: Queenstown
- Day 9/10: Kathmandu, Nepal
- Day 11: Kathmandu / Bouddhanath / Bhaktapur / Kathmand - After an early breakfast, couples are driven to Bouddhanath for a traditional Tibetan wedding ceremony, performed by a local monk.
- Day 12: Kathmandu / Bharatpur / Chitwan National Park
- Day 13/14: Chitwan National Park
- Day 15/16: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Day 17: Pushkin
- Day 18: St. Petersburg - Take part in a traditional Russian folk wedding ceremony at the Ethnographic museum.
- Day 19/20: Kilimanjaro / Tanzania / Arusha
- Day 21/22: Arusha / Ngorongoro Crater - Enjoy a traditional Maasai wedding ceremony and enjoy sundowners and a special wedding dinner as the sun sets.
- Day 23/24/25: Ngorongoro Crater / Serengeti National Park
- Day 26/27: Buenos Aires / Bariloche
- Day 28/29/30/31: Bariloche - Participate in a cultural Argentinean wedding ceremony in the heart of Pategonia. Enjoy a rowboat ride to your lakeside ceremony, completing your vows while overlooking the glorious mountainside.
- Day 32: Buenos Aires
- Day 33: Ushuaia / Gateway to Antarctica
- Day 34/35/36: Cruising the Drake Passage I Epic Passage - During one of your days exploring, enjoy a special wedding ceremony on land performed by the ship captain. Make your way out to the icy surrounds and exchange your vows in natural surroundings.
- Day 37/38/39/40/41: Antarctica
- Day 42/43: Cruise back to Ushuaia
- Day 44: Depart Buenos Aires
This journey with A&K is priced at $62,520 per person, not including international flights. Like we said before – we’re dreaming BIG here! This itinerary obviously isn’t an option for most couples, but you could do as much as little as you wanted for your Tailor Made itinerary. This is just an example of what A&K is capable of. For more information about Abercrombie & Kent, additional travel itineraries or to discover their featured world-wide destinations, visit abercrombiekent.com.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email