Celebrate our 1000th Blog Post!Words by Alicia Clark
Since 2008, Destination I Do Magazine’s blog has been covering nearly every aspect of what it takes to put together a destination wedding or honeymoon. We’ve covered gorgeous weddings all over the world, reviewed some of the best products on the market, shared tips from the leading authorities in all things wedding-related and so much more.
999 blog posts later, here we are. Blog post number 1,000. 1,000 is a big number and it couldn’t have come at a more perfect time. We’re gearing up for the unveiling of Destination I Do’s new website and a fresh layout for the blog on 2/14 (it’s going to look great!).
We would like to give a huge thanks to all of our readers over the years for their continuous support, readership and overall enthusiasm. To show our gratitude, we’ve organized a giveaway of some of our favorite products. There are two packages of goodies you have the chance to win. All you have to do is comment below telling us the best piece of advice you have received while planning your destination wedding or honeymoon has been. We’ve also compiled a list of our top real destination weddings we’ve featured on the blog. So, from the Destination I Do staff to our readers, THANK YOU!
(All photos courtesy of their respective brands)
- A set of bridesmaids necklaces from one of our favorite designers, Dogeared! All of their products are crafted in the U.S. and are made of the highest quality materials. These necklaces are a perfect gift to thank all of your wonderful bridesmaids for helping you through the stress of planning a wedding.
- Get long, voluptuous eyelashes from one of our favorites false-lahes brands Eylure. Complete your wedding look with two set of Eylure’s dramatic falsies!
- A $75 gift card to blurb.com where you can make a custom photo book to have all your wedding memories just a page away!
- Get rid of those wedding day fly aways with Ouidad Climate Control Frizz and Fly Away Fighter.
- Last but certainly not least, a year-long subscription to Destination I Do Magazine!
- Get a custom-created necklace from Dogeared Jewelry. Dogeared is renowned for its simple, yet elegant design and it’s everyday wearing ability.
- Two sets of Eylure false eyelashes to make your eyes stand out on your wedding day.
- A set of some of Destination I Do’s favorite books on all things bridal.
- Travel in comfort and style with a pair of V-MODA Remix Remote Headphones to listen to your favorite tunes and movies on your way to your destination wedding or honeymoon.
- And of course, a one-year subscription to Destination I Do Magazine!
A Walk Down Memory Lane: Some of Our Favorite Real Destination Weddings:
Photos courtesy of A Brit & A Blonde
Originally published: 7/13/12
We were enchanted by the wedding of David and Kristi in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica because of the ceremony's flawless tropical design. The couple's added details such as wine bottles with personalized labels and coffee grounds with labels bearing the couple's design brought warmth and personality to their wedding.
Photos courtesy of Brandon Kidd Photography
Originally published on: 9/26/12
When we first received the photos from Greg and Sarah's wedding in Nantucket, Massachusetts, we had an extremely difficult time choosing photos to go with the post. Greg and Sarah's wedding was the epitome of sophistication and chic, their use of simple but effective decor blew us away and we are certain that if you haven't already read the post, it will blow you away too.
Photography courtesy of Kate Harrison Photography
Originally published on: 8/17/11
Like it says in the title, the wedding of Jane and Tameez is one of our all time favorite featured weddings. Obviously their dramatic location of Campeche, Mexico makes it stand out right away, but it is also the story of why they chose Campeche which made our hearts turn to mush. If you haven't read about this wedding, you are most definitely missing out.
Originally published on: 7/29/11
Have you ever seen someone's wedding photos and just had to stop and marvel at how perfect they were? At Destination I Do, we experience this phenomenon a lot, but Ian and Cherlin's wedding in Napa, California, made our jaws drop. Their wedding looked like it was taken straight from the pages of a fairy tale and we're sure that you will agree.
Photos courtesy of Clane Gessel Photography
Kris and Joy's wedding in Kauai, Hawaii was bursting with bright colors and exuded a quirky island charm which caught our eye immediately. Their unique wedding photos and ceremony set up will bring a smile to your face and make your heart yearn for the sunny shores of Hawaii.
Photos courtesy of Whitney Bower Imaging
Originally published 10/14/12
Getting married in a castle isn't just for kings and queens anymore, as proven by Brittney and Mac who got married in stunning Innsbruck, Austria. The couple met while studying abroad there and knew when they got married there was no other place on Earth that would be more suitable for them to say their 'I do's.' You won't need a passport to take in the full beauty of this European storybook wedding.
Originally posted on 1/25/13
Writing about this New Zealand wedding was particularly enjoyable due to the numerous Lord of The Rings allusions which could be made, but it was mostly fun because it's not everyday you get the chance to write about a wedding on the top of a mountain. Richard and Kim's wedding on top of the world was a joy to write about and a treat to be able to see their pictures.
Thanks again for helping us celebrate our 1,000th blog post and don't forget to leave your comment below to be entered to win one of our two fabulous prize packages!
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email