This Season's Nail TrendsWords by Beauty Brands
Photos courtesy of Beauty Brands
During the recent Fashion Week festivities in New York, it wasn’t just the clothes that ruled the catwalk. Beauty Brands had its eye on eye candy of another sort – the beautiful and creative manicures on the models.
Luckily, the looks can be replicated by mere mortals thanks to the gorgeous lacquer collections now arriving at your local Beauty Brands locations, and a few how-to tips from the store’s team of beauty specialists. Here are the trends, and how to rock them off the runway.
- Demure, short nails, contoured to the natural shape of the finger: One trend seen on almost every runway proves that short and natural nails are the chic style of the season. Get the look with the following tools:
- Use OPI Cuticle Stick to push back cuticles and lengthen the nail bed, $1.25
- OPI Crystal File gives a smooth finish, $12.95
- Fade to Black: One of the edgier and more intriguing looks of the week was seen at the Nicole Miller show: gold or silver glitter polish that gives way to an uneven splash of charcoal toward the tips. Try on the trend with:
- OPI My Private Jet for statement charcoal tips, $9.00
- OPI Liquid Sand in any lighter shade gives a cool twist to the glitter fade, $9.00
- Butter London in Rosie Lee, a reddish pink glitter is a nice break from the gold
- Pale Opaque: Band of Outsiders showed creamy winter white nails, while Karen Walker’s models rocked a nude version courtesy of Butter London. At Lela Rose, the trend was manifest in pale wintry blue. Achieve perfectly pale nails with these polishes:
- Butter London Cotton Buds is a new shade to hit the Beauty Brands shelves. Perfect for a crisp white mani.
- OPI Moon Over Mumbai has soft gray undertones, $9.00
- Seche Causually Cool is a soft, pale blue, $8.50. Another lacquer to try is China Glaze For Audrey, $7.50
- Reverse French Mani: At Milly, pristine white covered the “moon” and the rest of the nail was cloaked in silky, creamy beige. At Lela Rose, the base was a sheer classic pale pink, with a romantic pale blue moon. Beauty Brands recommends these creamy shades:
- Butter London Yummy Mummy is the perfect beige
- Try a mint green, like China Glaze Refresh Mint, $7.50 and pair with China Glaze Diva Bride in pastel pink, $7.50
Let a beauty expert from Beauty Brands show your readers/viewers easy techniques and tools for getting these looks at home!
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email