ZOLA: Fun Registry Must-HavesWords by Natalie Long
Photos courtesy of ZOLA
Are you a couple who loves to entertain guests? Your wedding registry will not be complete without the proper essentials needed to entertain your wonderful houseguests. ZOLA is an online registry for modern-day couples. You are able to create your registry, add gifts from anywhere and share them instantly with your guests; there are even options for group gifting and honeymoon funding. With so many unique décor options available, you are sure to impress your guests with beautifully themed table settings for your newlywed home.
Here are ZOLA’s top 10 tips for putting together an entertainer’s must-have wedding registry!
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match! Pick your basics in neutrals. This is a great way to make sure they will withstand the test of time and your evolving tastes. Don’t, however, feel confined to one color, set, or designer. Layer onto those basics with different shades, metals, patterns, or textures to create a more distinctive look.
- Register for multi-purpose products that you’ll be able to use in more ways than one (i.e slate board, classic tray, decanter, cooking ramekins).
- Have a few go-to platters on hand to help cut down on prep and planning chaos. We recommend registering for a classic white platter, a wood toned one, and a slate board (for cheese).
- No party is complete without a well-stocked bar, so in addition to registering for essentials like wine and liquor decanters, adding a set of quality barware tools that includes a shaker, strainer, and corkscrew is a must, and when it comes to glasses, opt for a set that is versatile enough for any drink.
- Look for sleek silverware that’s low maintenance but high quality; we recommend choosing a stainless-steel, dishwasher-safe option.
- Add interest to your table-scape with functional placemats that are both eye-catching and easy-to-wash.
- You'll need an assortment of serving bowls that you can use for a multitude of things such as side dishes, toppings, dips, etc.
- Everyone needs a quality set of casual dinnerware, which typically includes a dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl and cup/saucer or mug. The general rule of thumb is to have 8-12 settings worth of casual dinnerware to allow for a group of guests. Whether for daily use or casual dinner parties, we recommend registering for 2-3 different sets so you can mix up the look and feel of your kitchen table.
- When in doubt, choose white. Although it might seem boring and like the easy way out, white is timeless, versatile and will go with everything.
- Choose one statement piece of decor that can be used as your table's centerpiece.
Be sure to fill your wedding registry with plenty of essentials for all of your entertaining needs. Visit zola.com for more entertainment, dining and household design ideas and collections.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email