Amazing Getaways in BelizeWords by Sydney Bowen
Belize is home to gorgeous beaches and stunning sunsets – a place of pure romance. After exchanging “I do’s” with your loved one, consider jetting to Belize for a honeymoon that is sure to be nothing short of magical. Already married? Make time for a tropical getaway, simply to celebrate you and them.
With many itineraries and properties to choose from, you’re sure to find a trip that accommodates both your interests and your budget.
- Xanadu Island Resort – Honeymoon Bliss Package: Take in the spectacular turquoise Caribbean during a romantic dinner for two on the beach, then dive in during a private snorkeling tour of Shark Ray Alley. Tour Ambergris Caye on your own golf cart and unwind with a romantic sunset cruise. Flights from Belize International Airport and transport to Xanadu included. This package is $1575 USD, plus accommodations.
- Portofino Beach Resort – Honeymoon Package: After complimentary travel and transportation from Belize City, enjoy a bottle of champagne and take in a sweeping view of the sea. Take a dip at Hol Chan Marine Reserve then board a riverboat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle to the ancient Maya city of Lamanai. This package is $1280 USD during High Season and $1230 USD during Low Season, plus accommodations.
- Chaa Creek – All Inclusive Belize Honeymoon: Unwind from your flight in a private Jacuzzi, perched high above the Macal River next to your airy treetop suite. Wake up to canoe the river, visit the butterfly farm, or lounge by the pool, listening to the rumble of distant Howler monkeys. Choose two full day adventure tours and unwind with a massage at the Hilltop Spa. This all- inclusive package is $2190 USD for four nights and $2765 USD for five nights.
- Ka’ana Resort – Romance Package: Travel from the International Airport in style with a Helicopter Tour over Maya Mountains and 1000-Foot Falls. When you touch down, settle in to your Master Suite or Pool Villa — which feature a butler, outdoor shower and personal plunge pool. Spend a day lazily tubing through underground caves and soaring above the treetops on a zip line, and a half-day on a private hike through the ancient Maya site of Xunantunich.
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge – All-Inclusive Jungle Honeymoon Package: Begin your escape with a therapeutic body massage for two in your private cabana. Enjoy numerous on-site amenities like biking and tubing, as well as two to three adventure tours. For example– a full-day jungle horseback ride to a hidden waterfall or Maya site Xunantunich, a guided canoe trip to San Ignacio or exploring Caracol ruins and Big Rock Falls. This all-inclusive package is $2270 USD for four nights or $2830 for five nights.
- Victoria House – Reef and Romance Package: Ease in to your getaway with fresh flowers, chilled champagne and a candlelight dinner under the stars. Cruise across the Caribbean with unlimited use of hotel kayaks or dive beneath the waves on snorkel trips to Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley. This package is $4206 USD for seven nights during High Season or $3930 USD for seven nights during Low Season. Four and five night packages are also available.
- Les Terrazas Resort – Barefoot Elegance Honeymoon Package: Sip a ‘Welcome’ cocktail after taking a dip in the nearby pool. Use a private golf cart to cruise the island and relax with a couples massage at Serenity Spa & Wellness Center. Take a half-day snorkel trip then skim over the waves during a private Sunset Sailing Cruise. This package starts at $4664 for five nights.
- Matachica Resort and Spa – Honeymoon Package: Lounge on the handmade hammocks hanging on the verandah of your beachfront casita and enjoy daily à la carte dinners with a bottle of wine. Cruise the New River Lagoon, admiring copious flora fauna, and then hike through the Lamanai Mayan Temple. Unwind from the day with a one-hour Aromatherapy Couples Massage at Jade Spa. This all-inclusive package is $5840 USD during High Season and $5075 USD during Low Season.
- Cayo Espanto – Private Island Honeymoon and Romance Package: Enjoy a glass of champagne served from your personal butler in the new oceanfront bungalow: Casa Solana. Lounge in your private infinity plunge pool or hit the waves in your own pedal boat, sea kayak or sailboat. Take in the sunset from your front verandah, located on the very western tip of the island. This all-inclusive package is $5980 USD for four nights or $7475 for five nights.
So whether you are celebrating your marriage, anniversary or simply longing for a romantic getaway with your love, Belize could be the dream destination for you and your significant other.
Photos (in order of appearance): Cayo Espanto (1st and 9th), Chaa Creek (2nd and 3rd), Ka'ana Resort (4th and 5th), Table Rock Jungle Lodge (6th), Victoria House (7th), and Las Terrazas Resort (8th).
You Might Also Like
by John Roark
Belize is a destination celebrated for its natural beauty and romantic locales. For the adventurous couple, a dazzling array of once-in-a-lifetime experiences awaits.
by Carrie Bell
Honeymooning in Belize is not for the faint of heart.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email