Mastering Bridal MakeupWords by Sydney Bowen
Photos courtesy of M·A·C Cosmetics
It’s no secret the day you say “I Do” is one of the most important days in your life. You choose the dress, the venue, the flowers… Another equally important decision is choosing your bridal makeup look, as well as the artist who will be making you even more beautiful for your wedding day.
I attended a Bridal Makeup Master Class at M·A·C Cosmetics, taught by Senior Artist Tiffany Johnston. She was one of the first 12 senior artists at M·A·C Cosmetics and is an experienced and talented makeup whiz.
This course taught the importance of creating the right look for your bridal makeup, the best products to stay put through vows, tears and kisses, as well as creating a timeless makeup look that you can admire in pictures for years to come, without cringing at what your makeup looked like.
When your time comes to select a makeup artist, it is important to be transparent about what you are expecting from them. Make clear who they will be doing makeup on, how they will be getting to your wedding and the wedding look you are longing to create.
Tiffany also suggested the best products to keep you beautiful throughout humidity, laughter, tears, toasts and kisses, of course!
- Fix + – a lightweight spray that soothes skin and calms redness and irritation
- Moisture Infusion – a serum that moisturizes and preps the skin for your foundation
- Face Protect – an SPF 50 sunscreen, perfect for protecting your skin, especially in tropical destinations
- Natural Radiance – a tinted gel that evens your skin tone and leaves your skin looking flawless
- Lightful C Tinted Cream – a tinted radiance booster that corrects color, reduces imperfections and has SPF 30
- 24-Hour Extend Eye Base – a specially formulated primer that keeps your eye makeup looking vibrant and freshly done all day
- Cream Contouring Products – Adds dimension and color to your face, while staying put longer than a powder contour
- Pro Longwear Paint Pots – Available in 26 shades, this very pigmented, long-wear eye color keeps a gorgeous color on longer, without looking too heavy
- Eye Shadows – For a natural eye shadow, Tiffany suggests the shades Soft Brown and Corduroy
- Haute & Naughty Lash – With two wands, this mascara gives the look of false lashes, perfect for the brides who prefer to not wear false eyelashes. Available in waterproof to protect your eye makeup through sweat and tears!
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email