Tips for Being a BridesmaidWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Fred Marcus Studio
Wedding planning can be stressful not only for the couple, but for their friends and family as well. Being a member of a destination wedding bridal party can carry immense pressure; responsibility to ensure things run smoothly, planning secondary wedding events and making sure the couple keeps a level head on the big day. Gourmet Advisory Services is a premier event planning and party coordination company that produces top-notch weddings. They have firsthand experience in dealing not only with wedding couples, but their bridal party. Thankfully, their sharing some tried-and-true tips for bridesmaids and maids of honor.
Claudia Warner, Executive Vice President of Gourmet Advisory Services has compiled some survival tips for the maid of honor and bridesmaids to make the big day enjoyable for everyone!
- · Accompany the bride to wedding appointments (If she would like you to!)
- · Keep calm and collected
- · Offer to help the bride in any possible way
- · Make sure the bride eats
- · Have fun and embrace the craziness
- · Lead the bridesmaids by example
- · Keep your speech short and sweet
- · Take things personally - Understand that the bride is a glass box of emotions
- · Start drinking Champagne too early – It is a LONG day!!
- · Complain – The bride already has enough going on!
- · Wear something very revealing – It is the bride’s day to shine!
- · Hover over the bride – stay within arm’s length if she needs anything, but respect her time with others
For more information about Gourmet Advisory Services, visit gourmetadvisory.com.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Wording your invitations correctly can be tricky and a destination wedding offers different options.
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email