Makeup: Emerald is the new BlackWords by Alicia Clark
Photos courtesy of Beauty Brands
When magazines and makeup artists profess their picks for the hottest makeup trends, their ideas are sometimes a bit on the wild side. While some people can rock the neon eye shadow and perpetual false lashes, many cannot. Luckily, this season’s chicest makeup hue is not only cutting edge, but also more realistic for the practical do-it-yourself makeup artist.
As many of you destination wedding brides might already know, Emerald is Pantone’s “Color of the Year” for 2013. It’s all about the green! Spice up your makeup routine by adding a pop of emerald to your look, and with the expert advice from the makeup gurus at Beauty Brands, we can show you just the right products to do it with.
- Emerald eyeliner is a flattering way to pop the color in your eyes. We recommend Tarte emphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner in Green ($18) or Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liner in Moss ($20).
- Whether it’s for date-night with your significant other, or a fun night out with the girls, emerald eyelids will, without a doubt, be a showstopper. For a long lasting shadow in a stunning color try Smashbox’s popular Limitless 15-Hour Wear Cream Shadow in Neptune ($19) and finish off the look with Smashbox’s Waterproof Shadow Liner in Shimmering Ivy ($22).
- Looking for a new nail color? Try OPI’s Jade is the New Black ($9) or Deborah Lippman Don’t Tell Mama ($17).
- Keep your skin feeling fresh and clean with Clarisonic’s Mia2 in Emerald. This is an easy-to-use sonic cleansing tool and it even comes in this season’s best color! ($149)
- Green and red aren’t just for Christmas, the color green can help neutralize redness. Perfect your complexion with Stila’s One Step Color Corrector, which doubles as an eye shadow base ($36).
- Bring the green in to your shower with Philosophy’s Señorita Margarita shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath ($16.50).
For information on these products or to find a Beauty Brands store near you, visit BeautyBrands.com.
You Might Also Like
by Carolyn Steere
This is the perfect romantic honeymoon retreat for those who love the outdoors.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email