Underwater Vows in ThailandWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Phulay Bay - A Ritz-Carlton Reserve
Thankfully, more and more resorts are stepping up their destination wedding game for adventurous couples looking to do something entirely unique for their nuptials. Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, is one such property! Located along the banks of Southern Thailand’s Andaman Sea, Phulay Bay is designed for travelers looking for luxurious accommodations in an isolate locale. The property includes 54 one-bedroom villas with private plunge pools and ocean views.
Phulay Bay is Thai for “where the mountains meet the sea,” and you’ll see just how true this is with stunning views of Krabi, Thailand’s famous limestone cliffs. For couples looking to get engaged, get married or renew their vows in an out-of-this-world way, the Underwater Romance Package might be just the thing. The package begins with a speedboat ride through Phi Phi and the Bamboo Islands, and the limestone karsts which are so infamous to the Andaman Sea.
Dive into crystal clear waters to explore coral reefs and made arrangements in advance to pop the question or say “I do” below the water. The package includes a master of ceremonies to officiate and a dive master to monitor the event. Best of all – a pool of Clownfish will be released following the ceremony – an act symbolizing the traditional Thai ritual reflecting new beginnings with vibrant color and energy. The diving equipment is all included, as is an underwater bouquet for the bride and corsage for the groom.
To celebrate, you and your guests will enjoy a Phulay Bay beachfront barbeque which includes seafood, traditional Thai dishes and a classic tiered wedding cake. Keep reading to see what else this package includes.
The Underwater Romance Package also includes:
- Luxe accommodations for three nights in the Beach Villa located on the Andaman seafront with a spacious sun deck, Jacuzzi, custom double-King sized beds, rainforest showers and 24-hour personal butler service.
- Roundtrip transfers from Krabi Airport
- Daily breakfast for two at Jampoon Restaurant
- Couple will receive a complimentary upgrade to the Royal Beach Villa for their wedding night following the ceremony, which offers sea views, an infinity pool with hydro jets, private gardens and a veranda with lounge beds.
- Couples will also be offered a signature Thai Herbal Infusion Ritual upon arrival in Thailand to relax and renew together.
A dedicated wedding planner is standard with any Ritz-Carlton Reserve property, so don’t worry about handling the details yourself. For more information or pricing, visit ritzcarltonreserve.com or call +66 (0)75-628-111.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email