Ten Expert Honeymoon Packing TipsWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Alex Rinker
Once you’ve successfully said “I do,” it’s on to bigger and better things – your honeymoon! Your destination wedding is a huge style statement in and of itself, from the décor to the dress. Continue making a wardrobe statement on your honeymoon as you celebrate your first days as a married couple. To help you pack, we’ve recruited an expert stylist to share her top ten honeymoon packing tips. Caley Rinker is a Los Angeles-based celebrity wardrobe stylist to the stars. Her past clients include Gwyneth Paltrow, Kerry Washington, Camila Alves and Kelly Osborne, to name a few. To illustrate her honeymoon must-haves and packing tips, Caley has shared some beautiful photos from her own honeymoon in Thailand.
- Pack a neutral color palette for easy mix n’ matching and choose a statement accessory to spice up any outfit.
- Comfort is key. When going to beach destinations, pack lightweight dresses that can be worn casually during the day and dressed up for dinner at night.
- Choose shoes that can be worn with many outfits and be worn day to night.
- Compression travel bags help save room in your luggage and allow you to pack just a little bit more in your suitcase.
- Opt for the dewy makeup look on your honeymoon with a few simple products; this way you avoid packing your entire makeup bag.
- Use your large beach bag as a carryon to save space in suitcase.
- Take photos on your phone in your chosen outfits prior to packing. This will avoid over packing and will help you remember what you have once you arrive.
- Pack a small portable steamer for wrinkled clothing.
- Consider what activities you will be doing. Choose one bag and one sneaker you can wear to see the sites, but also for anything active.
- Try to pack everything in one carryon luggage. You usually only end up wearing 1/3 of what you bring and you don't want to be dragging around extra weight. If you can’t fit in a carryon, a backpack is crucial if you're bouncing around from place to place!
For more information on Caley or how to hire her for your wedding or upcoming event, visit thewallgroup.com.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email