A Dreamy Tuscan Honeymoon PackageWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Castello di Casole – A Timbers Resort
If you’ve decided on or are considering a honeymoon in Italy, there are countless amazing resorts and hotels to choose from. To help narrow your search, why not take your trip over-the-top and book accommodations that also offer romantic, bonus packages? Luckily, there is one resort in Tuscany that checks all the honeymoon boxes – Castello di Casole – A Timbers Resort. The historic 4,200-acre estate features restored Tuscan farmhouses, a 41-suite boutique hotel (complete with a world-class spa), ten hotel villas and a luxurious penthouse. Once you’ve checked in, you might not want to go anywhere else since the estate also includes a model game reserve, 88 acres of vineyards, 13 acres of olive groves and an expansive trail system.
In case all of this wasn’t enough “romance factor,” Castello di Casole’s namesake castle dates back to the 10th century – making it an ideal place to begin your history as a married couple. The resort has also been named the “#1 Hotel in Europe” for four years running in Travel and Leisure’s “World’s Best Awards.” The resort offers a variety of comprehensive packages (culinary, family, spa & sport, etc.), but the one we’re drooling over is the Tuscan Honeymoon Package. It includes:
- Five nights in a luxurious Tuscan suite of your choice
- Welcome drink upon arrival
- Daily breakfast including a wide selection from our rich buffet featuring typical Tuscan delicacies, homemade sweets and pastries, fresh fruits and more. A la carte menu is also available.
- Bottle of Champagne
- 80 minute treatment in our private couple's suite enjoying the exclusive experience of a rose petal couples bath and synchronized massages
- Gourmet picnic basket for a romantic lunch in the vineyards
- Romantic, candlelit 3-course dinner at our Ristorante Tosca (alcohol not included)
- Wine tasting at our winery - Le Macchie
- Pasta making demonstration followed by lunch or pizza making demonstration followed by dinner (alcohol not included)
- Half-day visit to an organic farm with lunch or half-day horseback riding tour
- Access to Essere Spa & Fitness Center
- Internet access
- Pay-per-view movies
- Waters and soft drinks from the minibar
- Valet parking
- VAT and service
The package is available for booking through Spring/Summer 2017, is based on double occupancy and is subject to blackout dates and availability. A five-night minimum stay is required and prices start at €668 per night. For more information on Castello di Casole and their special offers/packages, visit castellodicasole.com.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email