Expert Tips for the Perfect ProposalWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Your wedding will be one of the most important days of your life, but first comes the proposal. Much like the day you say “I do,” you want your proposal to be poignant and unique. Whether you’re preparing to ask the one you love to marry you or your future spouse could use a bit of assistance, the following guidelines should help point you/them in the right direction. We asked Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa’s “Ring Master” to share his expert tips on how to make a proposal as successful and sweet as possible.
- Timing is Everything: Don’t jump the gun on proposing. When you do – don’t let your nerves get in the way. Whether you need to write it out or speak from the heart, it’s important to keep in mind the aspects of the moment that you’d truly like your betrothed to hear and remember. Keep in mind that this is a story that you’ll be telling for the rest of your lives!
- Make it Magical: Set the scene. Whether it includes a candle-lit walkway, a breathtaking view or a place that holds a lot of memories between the two of you, be sure that the moment is intimate. One of our favorite Eau moments is our private cabana dinner overlooking the stunning Atlantic Ocean. We help our grooms imagine the proposal so that every sense is stimulated and has a memory associated with it. Everything from the music, scents, colors and tastes are intuitively planned to ensure that we incorporate their past and future in that moment.
- Surprise: Keep it secret. People would be surprised to hear that surprising your fiancée isn’t always a top priority. Catching your bride or groom-to-be during an unexpected moment can add a pop of fun and excitement to the mix!
- Capture the Moment: Remember that surprise element we talked about? Hire a professional to catch glimpses of the occasion to share with friends or to look back on as the years go by. You’ll be able to cherish the memories and the photos forever.
- Share with Family and Friends: It's time to celebrate. Proposals are special moments to be shared between the two of you, but for the icing on the cake, feel free to have your fiancée’s family or friends around once you’ve gotten your sure-to-be “yes!” Sharing your big news will light up the room with even more smiles and love.
Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa recently introduced a special and unique offering – the use of their on-site “Ring Master.” Referred to as a “romance architect,” the resort’s Ring Master is on-site to help guests create the most amazing proposals possible. The person preparing to propose will meet with the Ring Master for a fun interview session designed to learn the ins-and-outs of what makes your relationship special.
This information will then be used to create a one-of-a-kind, personalized proposal plan. It could be anything from recreating the proposal scene from “Sweet Home Alabama” to a paparazzi moment with hidden photographers and drone technology. After you’ve met with the Ring Master and pulled-off a dream proposal, you might want to sit down with one of Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa’s wedding specialists to kick-off your wedding planning right. For more information about the Ring Master experience or the resort itself, visit eaupalmbeach.com.
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email