Ten Expert Tips for Shaping Up!Words by Koya Webb
Photos courtesy of Bruce Talbot
If you’re looking to seriously change your lifestyle in preparation for getting fit for your destination wedding or honeymoon, holistic expert Koya Webb, has a plan of attack for you. Koya has appeared as a fitness model on several magazine covers, has her own natural detox supplement and is a published author. She’s sharing her top 10 tips for getting in the best shape of your life in time for W-day. For more information about Koya, visit koyawebb.com.
Every bride wants to look and feel their best being toned, energetic and glowing on their wedding day. Here are my top 10 tips:
1. Make Time: Your plate is going to be overloaded with a million things to do for your big day, but remember if you want to look your best you must make time for your fitness. I suggest working out first thing in the morning before you have a million other things come up that will fight for priority. Ten to 30 minutes every day is best, but even if you manage one hour 3-4 times a week you’ll be doing great!
2. Drink lots of water. For that beautiful clear skin you have to make sure you’re getting enough water. Keep a bottle in your purse, at work, in the car…everywhere, and sip at least every 2 hours.
3. Set a three-month goal. In three months you can really make a BIG difference in your body composition with a mild, consistent effort. Whether you hire a personal trainer or follow a social media guru. Set a goal weight or size for yourself and make it happen.
4. Try a 10-day detox. Cleansing the body can have great effects on how you feel and how your body will look. Special herbs can pull all of the toxins out of your body and give you all the nutrients you need to look your best.
5. You have to get your beauty sleep. I know there are a million things to do other than sleeping, but six to eight hours is ideal if you want to look your best – especially in the last couple of days. Get your bridesmaids to really show up for you while you make sure you get your necessary rest.
6. Cut the crap. That’s right. No emotional eating on the road unless you want an unexpected pimple to pop up on your nose the day before the wedding. Cut out all sugary drinks, coffee, and processed foods three months before your wedding to allow your body a chance to cleanse itself and reveal a beautiful new layer of you!
7. Hydrate your skin. You want fit skin as well as a fit body, so don’t reach for just any old lotion. Lather on coconut oil or shea butter if your skin is extremely dry and your skin will be softer and well hydrated for your wedding day!
8. Trade in your latte for dandelion tea a week before your big day. You can shave 150-200 calories. Switch out coffee three months before and shave off a little more. Be careful of all creamers and condiments to add and opt for stevia to sweeten and almond milk as cream for the healthiest options.
9. Grab a workout buddy. It’s so important to get your workout in every day, so if you find yourself slipping more than twice a week. Grab a bridesmaid and make them hold you accountable or join and gym and enjoy an unlimited amount of group fitness classes.
10. Try yoga. Bad stress and good stress is still stress and can take a toll on your body. Breathing and meditation in most yoga classes can help you calm down and relax as you juggle all the bliss your big day brings.
With so many things to remember, the most important thing is to have fun, stay positive when things don’t go as planned and keep a journal so your memories can last forever!
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email