Get Salon-Quality BlowoutsWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Living Proof
The blowout hair trend has been going strong for a few years now, but not every woman has the time, access or money to get her hair professionally styled regularly. For the bride or bridesmaid who wants a professional, lasting hairstyle, we recently tried a new product, which did the trick. Living Proof’s Blowout is powered by a new Thermal Speed-Shaping Technology, which cuts your styling effort by roughly 30% – meaning less time and less damage to your hair. Blowout also aids in the following:
- Reduces the amount of brushwork needed to shape your style, giving you a faster and easier blowout experience.
- Molds, shapes and locks in your blowout, so your hair looks polished and full of body the second you stop styling – and it stays that way.
- Creates optimal level of grip for brush detailing (meaning you can get those Pinterest-worthy flips).
- Provides heat protection (up to 450-degrees) and, when applied to a finished style, extra hold.
- Can be used on second-day hair to touch-up and finish your blowout. Less shampooing means more snoozing.
To develop Blowout, Living Proof’s scientists looked to professionals to understand the dynamics of a salon-worthy blowout. A hairstylist has experience and professional tools – two things the average woman might not possess. At home, you’re more reliant on products to get a professional result. The secret weapon of Blowout is the Thermal Speed-Shaping Technology. Comprised of temperature-sensitive resins, a frictionless blend of OFPMA and polymers and an advanced heat shield, the technology only needs 100-degrees to shape and style.
Living Proof’s Blowout could be the perfect addition to your destination wedding or honeymoon packing – helping you withstand even the harshest heat and humidity. Blowout is available for $24 exclusively at Ulta and on livingproof.com. There is also a 1.7oz travel-size available for $14.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email