North Carolina Wedding InspirationWords by Courtney Cox
It’s day four of our Destination: North Carolina week and it’s perhaps our favorite part of our Destination: X weeks – all things inspiration! We’re visual people around here at DID, so it’s no surprise that we enjoy beautiful photos to get the creative juices flowing. Below, you’ll find a sampling of past North Carolina real-life brides’ advice! You will also get the inside scoop on our latest Pinterest board dedicated to all things North Carolina wedding related!
Destination: North Carolina Pinterest Board
Pinterest has dominated the wedding planning world for years – with no signs of slowing down. We’re firmly aboard the bandwagon and love Pinterest as an inspirational resource for planning your dream destination wedding! In honor of our latest Destination: X week, we’ve created a Pinterest board entirely dedicated to Destination: North Carolina. Here you’ll discover lovely wedding dresses, ceremony set-ups, reception ideas and much more! The fun doesn’t end there, though. Be sure to check out our entire Pinterest page, which contains over 4,200 pins on everything from inspirational Fashion Forward photo shoots and Real Weddings to Signature Cocktail Ideas and Wedding Hair Style Ideas.
Real-Life Brides’ Advice for North Carolina Wedding Couples
- “We knew that creating a genuine and unique experience for those we love most was paramount. Making memories is what life is all about and we wanted to leave a lasting impression and great memories with those we love.” ~ Krista, destination wedding bride. View her Cashiers, North Carolina wedding here: A Floral Fantasy in North Carolina
- “Something I love about destination weddings is how all of your guests get to spend the whole weekend together. [A hometown Texas wedding would not] have had the gorgeous views, amazing hikes and waterfalls and stunning fall foliage! Although planning a destination wedding can have its challenges, overall it was a fantastic experience and such a unique opportunity for our guests to see such an incredible part of North Carolina.” ~ Kelly, destination wedding bride. View her Highlands, North Carolina wedding here: A North Carolina Wedding
- “Keep every email, text, letter, etc. until ‘I do’ for reference and unnecessary charges. Do not stress, the day will be perfect regardless of the things that may or may not happen. The man or woman standing next to you will be the only thing you care about.” ~ Jessica, destination wedding bride. View her Valle Crucis, North Carolina wedding here: Quaint North Carolina Nuptials
- “We live on the beach in Naples, but Highlands is our favorite place to visit. Once I saw the vineyard I was blown away and [knew] it was the perfect place for us. I am so glad I chose a destination wedding. It turned in to more of a family reunion and people had the best time.” ~ Heather, destination wedding bride. View her Scaly Mountain, North Carolina wedding here: A Vineyard North Carolina Wedding
- “I have been going to the Outer Banks with my family every summer for as long as I can remember and for the seven years Matt and I were dating, he joined in on our OBX vacations. We loved the idea of everyone getting out of town, relaxing on the beach and taking a mini-vacation away from the hustle and bustle of life!” ~ Caitlin, destination wedding bride. View her Outer Banks, North Carolina wedding here: A Flawless Outer Banks Wedding
- “About six months after we got engaged, we took a weekend trip to find the perfect spot and we did just that. We visited The Bike Farm in Pisgah Forest and we walked back to these two beautiful waterfalls in the middle of the forest; the sun was shining through the trees and it was magical. We knew this was the spot.” ~ Tina, destination wedding bride. View her Asheville, North Carolina wedding here: A Magical Mountain Asheville Wedding
Stay tuned tomorrow for the last post of this Destination: X week! It’s yet another North Carolina real-life wedding. Also, in case you missed it, be sure to check out this week’s earlier posts dedicated to everything North Carolina – North Carolina Wedding Resources, An Asheville North Carolina Wedding & North Carolina Destination Wedding.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): VUE Photography, Nikita Gross Photography, Dear Wesleyann, Peter Nguyen, Julie Dreelin Beach Productions & Revival Photography
You Might Also Like
by Victoria Abbott Riccardi
If you’re eager to rejoice your marriage in a spirited, adventurous way, South Australia can’t be beat.
by Jennifer Stein
Wording your invitations correctly can be tricky and a destination wedding offers different options.
by Jennifer Stein
How do you know if a destination wedding is the right choice for you? Find out here.
by Elaine Hilbelink
Some of the most popular destination wedding etiquette questions - answered!
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email