Honeymoon in Belize
August 15, 2013
Photos courtesy of
There are historic honeymoon hot-spots like Tahiti, Paris and Jamaica, but there are also lots of fabulous up-and-coming destinations which definitely deserve your attention! One such location is Belize. Super convenient for East Coasters, it maintains an authentic feel with some of the most breathtaking scenery you can find. For couples looking for an intimate, boutique experience, El Secreto in San Pedro Town, Belize is a gorgeous option.
Recently named one of the “Best New Hotels in the World” by Conde Nast Traveler’s 2013 Hot List, El Secreto is a tropical-style resort with only 13 free-standing thatched roof villas. Beyond the breathtaking beachfront views, each villa includes an indoor hot tub, private outdoor Jacuzzi, enclosed outdoor shower, outdoor desk and an in-room electronics system which allows you to control the room’s settings from your own iPhone or iPad.
Not only is the location beautiful, but it’s convenient to local honeymoon hot spots like Belize’s famous Blue Hole. Thankfully, El Secreto has a dedicated excursion planner who can help you design the perfect adventurous honeymoon – whether you’re interested in scuba diving, snorkeling, sea kayaking, parasailing, windsurfing, fishing, cave tubing or cycling.
El Secreto recently launched a vacation getaway package which is ideal to honeymooners and is available for booking now through January 2014. The five and seven-night packages include:
- Five- or seven-night stay
- One couples massage
- A la carte three-course dinner, wine included, at El Secreto Restaurant
- One toes in the sand, beachside candlelight dinner for two
- Full American breakfast (daily)
- Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley excursion
- Cave Tubing tour
- Chilled champagne and flowers waiting for you in your villa
- Complimentary use of kayaks, Hobie Cats and bikes
- Welcome cocktail
- Arrival and departure transfers by boat to/from resort
- Meet and greet at San Pedro airstrip
Package prices start at $5,098 (double occupancy). For more information, visit elsecretobelize.com or call 1-800-479-5037. Happy Honeymooning!