St. Lucia Wedding Inspiration
July 13, 2017
Photos courtesy of
It’s day four of our Destination: St. Lucia week and it’s all about St. Lucia wedding inspiration! Inspirational advice to help steer you in the right planning direction, real wedding features and Pinterest loveliness! Below you’ll find a variety of goodies all meant to encourage you to say “yes!” Yes to the love of your life and yes to a destination wedding in St. Lucia!
Destination: St. Lucia Pinterest Inspiration
To mark the Destination: X St. Lucia occasion, we’ve created a Pinterest board entirely dedicated to weddings on this gorgeous Caribbean island – Destination: St. Lucia! We’ve also added some St. Lucia-inspired pins to some of our other Pinterest boards like Color-spiration!, Bachelorette Party Ideas and Signature Cocktail Ideas. You can hop on our Pinterest board any day of the week for lots of destination wedding, romance travel or honeymoon inspiration! You’ll find nearly 50 boards at pinterest.com/destinationido.
Passionate Advice to get you Pumped-Up
The lovely Megan Velez with Destination Weddings Travel Group was kind enough to share her thoughts about St. Lucia as a destination wedding or honeymoon option. Below, you’ll find her insights as to why this Caribbean island would make the perfect location!
- “Perfect for romantic getaways, St. Lucia boasts an enjoyable tropical climate with warm weather all year round. What better way to enjoy such beautiful weather than on the beach? The island is home to an endless variety of beaches for all travelers, from hidden coves with stunning waterfalls to relaxing sandy beaches that attract tourists from all around the world.”
- “For those who want to get off the beaten path, St. Lucia offers everything a traveler could ask for in the way of the great outdoors. From stunning volcanic mountain peaks with unbeatable panoramic views to the lush waterfalls of the Diamond Botanical Gardens, there is more than enough to keep an adventurer busy.”
- “Getting married in St. Lucia is as simple as packing your passport and birth certificate and jetting off to the tropical paradise. There is no residency requirement, so engaged couples can apply for a marriage license upon their arrival and be married within two days.”
- “St. Lucia is the ideal destination for those who want to get wet, as water sports and excursions are aplenty around the island. From sailing and surfing to water skiing, there is an activity for everyone. At the same time, it offers many opportunities for true rest and relaxation at secluded beaches and island spas.”
- “While there aren’t specific wedding traditions that are native to St. Lucia, couples can easily incorporate the regional culture through local cuisine. For example, opting for a rum cake as dessert as opposed to the traditional wedding cake.”
Stay tuned tomorrow for the last post of this Destination: X week! It’s one of our all-time favorite real weddings that happened in, you guessed it, in St. Lucia! Also, in case you missed it, be sure to check out this week’s earlier posts dedicated to everything St. Lucia – Saint Lucia’s Windjammer Landing, St. Lucia Romance at Marigot Bay, St. Lucia Destination Wedding & An Expert’s St. Lucia Wedding Advice.