2017 Bridal Fashion Trends
January 9, 2017
Photos courtesy of
Finding the perfect wedding dress and accessories to match your destination wedding can be stressful and confusing. You want to stay up-to-date with today’s trends, while at the same time showing off your own unique touch. We asked Krystel Tien, owner and founder of Elle Bridal Boutique and Couture Events, to share her knowledge of fashion to help brides look flawless on their big day. With over eight years of experience in the fashion and wedding world, she is a go-to gal.
1. What was your biggest takeaway/fashion advice from New York Bridal Fashion Week?
At this point in weddings (with Pinterest and the internet), brides are feeling like they have seen it all before. So, we are seeing that brides are looking for unique dresses so, ANYTHING GOES as long as it’s unique! We are seeing everything on the runways, but we have noticed that sleek, form fitting, fit & flare, low back and low front are all the rage. The modern bride wants to look unique and also wants to show a bit of skin.
2. Was there a new designer you’re excited about and plan to carry at Elle Bridal Boutique?
Yes, we have two new designers that we will be carrying at Elle Bridal Boutique.
- Badgley Mischka – we had the opportunity to meet with the designer of the wedding collection and absolutely fell in love with him and his attention to detail and love for designing. The gowns are absolutely stunning and we know they are going to be perfect for the California bride. These are detailed, ornate and jaw dropping.
- Made With Love – low backs, soft lace, form fitting, with a dash of tulle. These gowns are simply stunning and perfect for the outdoor beach or garden bride. Lightweight, but with incredible structure. We are in love with this new collection and know [destination wedding brides] will be too.
3. What is the trend/look you’d love to see more brides do?
We are in love with creating wow-factor moments. We wish brides would be a bit more adventurous with their accessories and change their look multiple times throughout the wedding with a dress change or even an accessory change. [Wear] something a little daring after the ceremony, just for the reception to make them all say “WOW.” We love the idea of a statement piece [bracelet, earrings, headband] that says this is a special day and, while you may not wear it everyday, on your wedding day it makes that much more precious.
We hope these trends will help you think outside the box and try different styles maybe you weren’t considering. Whether you wear a statement piece or show off a little skin, you want your W-Day look to represent your unique personality and style. Don’t hold back, it is your day to shine! For more information and style tips you can check out Krystel’s Couture Events or Elle Bridal Boutique.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Inbal Dror (1st & 3rd) & Krystel Tien.