Ten Expert Honeymoon Packing Tips
August 9, 2016
Photos courtesy of
Once you’ve successfully said “I do,” it’s on to bigger and better things – your honeymoon! Your destination wedding is a huge style statement in and of itself, from the décor to the dress. Continue making a wardrobe statement on your honeymoon as you celebrate your first days as a married couple. To help you pack, we’ve recruited an expert stylist to share her top ten honeymoon packing tips. Caley Rinker is a Los Angeles-based celebrity wardrobe stylist to the stars. Her past clients include Gwyneth Paltrow, Kerry Washington, Camila Alves and Kelly Osborne, to name a few. To illustrate her honeymoon must-haves and packing tips, Caley has shared some beautiful photos from her own honeymoon in Thailand.
- Pack a neutral color palette for easy mix n’ matching and choose a statement accessory to spice up any outfit.
- Comfort is key. When going to beach destinations, pack lightweight dresses that can be worn casually during the day and dressed up for dinner at night.
- Choose shoes that can be worn with many outfits and be worn day to night.
- Compression travel bags help save room in your luggage and allow you to pack just a little bit more in your suitcase.
- Opt for the dewy makeup look on your honeymoon with a few simple products; this way you avoid packing your entire makeup bag.
- Use your large beach bag as a carryon to save space in suitcase.
- Take photos on your phone in your chosen outfits prior to packing. This will avoid over packing and will help you remember what you have once you arrive.
- Pack a small portable steamer for wrinkled clothing.
- Consider what activities you will be doing. Choose one bag and one sneaker you can wear to see the sites, but also for anything active.
- Try to pack everything in one carryon luggage. You usually only end up wearing 1/3 of what you bring and you don’t want to be dragging around extra weight. If you can’t fit in a carryon, a backpack is crucial if you’re bouncing around from place to place!
For more information on Caley or how to hire her for your wedding or upcoming event, visit thewallgroup.com.