Tips from Style Me PrettyWords by Style Me Pretty
Here at DID, we’re long-time fans of the fabulous folks over at Style Me Pretty! While known for stunning real weddings, SMP recently entered into the destination wedding world and are sharing their own top five tips for planning the perfect wedding away!
1. Choose a location that you love. When trying to decide on your destination, think about your style as a couple. Are you adventurous, outdoorsy, or perhaps you love wining and dining? This will help you decide on just the right locale that speaks to your personalities.
2. Enlist the help of great vendors. Since you'll be planning from afar, hiring vendors that you really trust will ensure your wedding is planned down to the last detail. Plus you'll have a point person for all your guests’ travel questions.
3. Save the date. Consider seasonal weather patterns and holidays that might be an issue when picking a wedding date. No one wants a rowdy spring break invasion during your wedding week. And be sure to give guests ample time, so send save the dates and invitations earlier.
4. Welcome guests in style. Give guests info on sites to see and things to do during their stay since they'll likely be there for a while. Welcome bags are the perfect way to introduce everyone to your wedding location. Think maps and favorite spots along with some yummy locale treats.
5. Make the trip a full experience. Think events like a Welcome Bonfire on the beach or a snorkeling adventure post-wedding, planning (optional) events for your guests will give the trip some structure.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Love Is My Favorite Color, Wendy Laurel, Erin Hearts Court, Jose Villa Photography & Brumley and Wells
You Might Also Like
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email