"The Notebook" Romance PackageWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of HarbourView Inn
Taking inspiration from Hollywood love stories for your own destination wedding or honeymoon adventure is a smart and fun idea! In fact, I was inspired by HBO’s TV series “Game of Thrones” for my own destination elopement and honeymoon. (See DID’s upcoming Fall/Winter 2019 issue for my own Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland wedding and honeymoon adventure!) If something a little closer to home and more traditional is what you’re after, we're sharing a package that’s inspired by the well-known Hollywood film – “The Notebook.”
Charleston, South Carolina’s HarbourView Inn was recently inspired by the movie’s 15th anniversary to create a romance package inspired by the film. Whether traveling to Charleston for your destination wedding or honeymoon, booking this sweet package is a fun idea! The movie was filmed in Charleston and the package provides the opportunity to travel to many of the filming locations. Here’s what’s included with the “Allie & Noah’s Timeless Romance Experience” package:
- Where Allie licks ice cream off Noah's face – visit to Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream with $25 gift card
- When Allie and Noah stroll down King Street to The American Theatre – private carriage ride for two around the Historic District
- Where Noah asks Allie to dance in the street and they lay in the middle of the road – stop at The American Theatre where guests can request to have a personalized romantic saying displayed on the marquee*
- Home to Allie's family summer house where Noah ponders the end of their fling – two tickets and private transportation to Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens
- When Noah rows Allie in a canoe through the swamp – general admission for two to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, complete with house tour and Audubon Swamp Garden tour
- Allie wakes up to flowers on her pillow – rose petal turndown with a bottle of sparkling wine, as well as one dozen roses in-room upon arrival
- Where Allie is dining with her new fiancé when Noah walks by – $100 gift card for dinner at High Cotton
*Note the American Theater portions have been suspended temporarily while it’s under renovation.
The package is priced at $2,000 per couple and would be a sweet and unique idea for a proposal, destination wedding or honeymoon visit to Charleston! You and your sweetheart could relive the movie scene-by-scene in the actual filming locations. For more information about the package and the HarbourView Inn, visit harbourviewcharleston.com.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email