Top 12 Real Weddings for 2012Words by Courtney Kellar
While we strive at Destination I Do to provide destination wedding couples and honeymooners with all types of gorgeous destination options, helpful information and trendy fashion – our Real-Life Weddings are the crème de la crème, so to speak. They’ve only gotten more beautiful over time and we are celebrating the biggest and brightest from 2012. The following 12 weddings were featured either on our blog or in our magazine and each have something uniquely beautiful and inspiring to offer. Click "more images" above, to view the full slideshow.
Vendor List by destination:
1. Palmetto, Georgia: Ceremony & Reception Site: The Inn at Serenbe, Photography: Simply Bloom Photography, Day-of Coordination: Ashley Baber Weddings, Floral Design: Gloriosa Designs, Wedding Gown: Kenneth Pool, Groom’s Suit: My Suit NY.
2. Dana Point, California: Ceremony & Reception Site: Monarch Beach Resort, Photography: Jasmine Star, Wedding Planner: Details Details, Floral Design: R. Jack Balthazar, Stationery: Gourmet Invitations, Gown: Amsale, Groom’s Suit: Giovanni.
3. Nassau, Bahamas: Ceremony & Reception Site: Old Fort Bay Club, Photography: La Dolce Vita Studio, Wedding Planner/Florist/Décor: Island Destination Services, Wedding Cake: Venenciah Hall, Wedding Gown: Badgley Mischka, Groom’s Suit: Paul Smith London (Jacket & Shirt) and Hugo Boss (pants).
4. Sonoma, California: Ceremony & Reception Site: Beltane Ranch, Photographer: Caroline Tran, Wedding Planner: 8events, Gown: Monique Lhuillier, Floral Design: Flower Divas, Makeup Artist: Mimi & Taylor Salon, Invitations: Paper Chez, Cake: Fleur de Lisa Wedding Cakes, Caterer: Alex’s Catering, Rentals: Milk Glass Vintage Rentals & Wine Country Party, Bride’s Jewelry & Hair Piece: One World Designs Bridal Jewelry, Groom’s Suit: Hugo Boss.
5. Beijing, China: Ceremony & Reception Site: The Brickyard Inn & The School House, Photographer: Otto Schulze Photographers, Wedding Planner: Miyoshi Nakahara, Gowns: Vera Wang (wedding gown) & Sally Tailor (tea ceremony), Floral Design: Flower House Enomoto, Groom’s Suit: Sally Tailor.
6. Las Vegas, Nevada: Ceremony & Reception Site: Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel & Gardunos at The Palms, Photographer: Sonya Yruel, Wedding Planner: Vivacious Design and Event Planning, Floral Design: Lori McNeill, Stationery: Yelley, Custom Map: Kacey Schwartz, Hair & Makeup: Le Burge’t Salon, Gown: Amy Fink, Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Amy Fink, Groom’s Suit: Volcom.
7. Los Gatos, California: Ceremony & Reception site: Radonich Ranch, Photography: Judy & Gavin Photography, Floral Design: Lila B (ceremony) & Marky Carr (reception), Band: Tijuana Dogs, Hair: Krush Salon, Makeup: Benefit, Gown: Casablanca, Groom’s Suit: Hugo Boss.
8. Pieve di Soligo, Italy: Ceremony & Reception Site: Duomo di Pieve di Soligo & Villa Ca’ Marcello, Photographer: Cinzia Bruschini, Floral Design: Floricultura Gallonetto & Floricultura Rizzo, Catering: Incontro Banchetti, Gown: Peter Langner, Groom’s Suit: Marchi
9. Nantucket, Massachusetts: Ceremony & Reception Site: First Congregational Church & private home, Photographer: Brandon Kidd Photography, Wedding Planner: Unique Nantucket Events, Floral Design: Soiree Floral
10. Captiva Island, Florida: Ceremony & Reception Site: South Seas Island Resort, Photographer: Concept Photography, Wedding Planner: Weddings by Socialites, Floral Design: Floral Artistry, Band: Clint Wiley’s None Other, Cake: Kakes by Karen, Invitations: CECI New York, Gown: Monique Lhuillier
11. Kaua'i, Hawaii: Ceremony & Reception Site: Hale Mana Estate, Photographer: Clane Gessel Photography, Wedding Planner: Lanae Anakalea, Floral Design: Emma’s Flowers, Gown: Lazaro, Groom’s Suit: Paul Smith & Dolce and Gabana
12. Carillon Beach, Florida: Ceremony & Reception Site: Meeting House & Village Green, Photographer: Vue Photography, Wedding Coordinator: Carillon Weddings, Floral Design: Nouveau Flowers, Stationery: Tea and Punch, Cake: Confections of the Coast, Catering: Townsend Catering, Gown: Romona Keveza, Groom’s Suit: Black Tie Formal Wear
Related Articles & Advice
by Jennifer Stein
It's not easy to find the right companies to make your destination wedding planning easy. When it comes to invitations and stationery - that can be even harder - until now.
by Jennifer Stein
by Kelli Donley
This couple chose a destination wedding for several reasons and Puerto Vallarta for one in particular - to hold their wedding at Casa Valerie.
by Jennifer Stein
The SeaWatch Restaurant, with its expansive grounds overlooking the Wailea coastline in South Maui, offers up everything under the sun.
by Courtney Kellar
It wasn’t easy, but we rounded up our Top 10 Destinations for 2013.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email