Romantic Lake Placid PackagesWords by Courtney Kellar
Photos courtesy of Whiteface Lodge
Getting married or taking a honeymoon doesn’t have to be an enormous endeavor. I sweet getaway or smaller wedding can be just as special. If this sounds more like your style, thankfully there are resorts with packages to suit any size event. The Whiteface Lodge in Lake Placid, New York is one such resort. They are currently offering both a Mini Moon honeymoon package and Petite Wedding packages. The all-suite resort is perfect for a rustic getaway and definitely sets a dramatic scene for either your honeymoon or wedding away.
The Whiteface Lodge offers both indoor and outdoor reception venues and most of the resort’s spaces boast floor-to-ceiling windows to make the most of the surrounding Whiteface Mountain vistas. The resort is also lakefront, which makes it perfect for water activities for wedding guests or gazing out at reflecting sunsets. For couples looking for a more casual, small wedding away the Whiteface Lodge’s Petite Weddings packages include:
- Ceremony held in Whispering Winds, the Mountain View Terrace or KANU Restaurant
- Reception in the form of an intimate dinner in the semi-private area of the main dining room, The Meadows
- Dinner is $64 per person for three courses or $78 per person for four courses
- Beverage tax and gratuity not included
- Exclusive use of site for ceremony, cocktail reception and dinner, set-up, tear-down, staffing and services of an event manager start at $600
- Valid for Friday or Sunday weddings
If you’ve already said “I do” and want a short, but stupendous honeymoon option, the Whiteface Lodge’s Mini Moon package might be perfect for you. There is currently no end-date for this package and it includes:
- Four nights’ stay in a luxurious Superior Suite
- Daily breakfast
- Wine and chees plate on arrival
- Two 50-minute Traditional Lodge Massages
- One romantic, three-course dinner for two at KANU Restaurant
- Package starts at $528.45 per night
For more information on the Whiteface Lodge and its honeymoon or destination wedding offerings, visit thewhitefacelodge.com.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Kellar
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
by John Roark
The Caribbean offers a palette of tropical options for all tastes.
by Carolyn Gerin
New York: as many times as I’ve been there, adrenaline hits my bloodstream like a double espresso: discovery, innovation and possibilities await.
by Courtney Kellar
There are a few things in life which most people love unconditionally: good food, family and golf.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email