Winter Wedding InspirationWords by Courtney Cox
It’s day four of our Destination: Winter Weddings week as part of our Destination: X series! Today is all about inspiration – all things lovely and helpful to get you motivated and capable of planning the winter destination wedding of your dreams! We’ve created a Destination: Winter Weddings Pinterest board and are sharing past articles pertaining to winter wedding destinations and real-life weddings that were hosted in winter wedding destinations. So, read on for all the goodies!
A tried-and-true wedding planning tool, Pinterest is a bride’s best friend. Grooms too, for that matter! If you’re planning or considering a wedding in a winter destination beneath snowy skies, we’ve built a Pinterest board that will be right up your alley - Destination: Winter Weddings. There are venues, photo shoots, real weddings, design ideas and more! We’ve also included some winter wedding inspiration on some of our other Pinterest boards including Fashion Forward, Wedding Hair Style Ideas, Wedding Photography and Welcome Bags. Want to see more? Our Pinterest account boasts nearly 4,000 pins and 55 different boards, so be sure to check out our entire Pinterest page.
Featured Winter Wedding Destinations
We don’t feature any destination in our magazine that one of our editors or contributing writers hasn’t visited in person, so you can trust us when we give a venue or location our DID stamp of approval! In the 13 years we’ve been on the newsstand, we’ve visited countless winter wedding destinations, but below you’ll find a sampling of some of our favorites. Click on any article to learn more about that destination and our staff member’s suggested venue(s).
- French Chateau Photo Shoot
- Live in Luxe in Ireland
- Discover Ireland's Romance
- Central European Honeymoon Cities
- Bachelor Gulch Wedding Venue
- Palace Destination Wedding in Germany
- Germany: City Swagger
- Oregon Wine Country
- Oregon: Luxe & Lovable
- Montana: World’s Away
- Destination Wedding in Montana
- Yellowstone Wyoming Photo Shoot
- Colorado Springs: Colorado Destination Weddings, Colorado Springs Rustic Charm & Rustic Marries Luxury in Colorado
- Big Sky: Big Sky Destination Wedding & Say "I Do" Beneath a Big Sky
- Keystone Weddings in the Mountains
- Telluride: A Romantic Honeymoon in Telluride & Destination Wedding in Telluride
- Whistler Wonderland
- Paris: Paris Now and Forever & Together Forever in Paris
- Paris Photo Shoot
- Antwerp, Belgium: Rock City
- Healthfully Ever After in Utah
- Honeymoon Enchantment in Santa Fe
- Colorado Comfort in Steamboat Springs
- An Air of Luxury in Aspen
- Beaver Creek: Wildly Distinct
- Vail: Alpine Inspiration in Vail & Vail: European Inspired
- Winter "Great Gatsby" Photo Shoot
Real-Life Winter Weddings
Not only do we feature two real weddings a week on our blog, but we also feature some of the best-of-the-best destination weddings in our magazine! On our site, you’ll find lots of real-life weddings that either occurred during the winter or at a popular winter wedding destination. Below, please find a sampling of some of our favorites!
- Belgian Real Wedding
- Vail Real Wedding
- Banff Real Wedding
- British Columbia Real Wedding
- Sweden Real Wedding
- Lake Tahoe Real Weddings: A Lake Tahoe Destination Wedding, South Lake Tahoe Soulmates & A Colorful Lake Tahoe Affair
- New Hampshire Real Wedding
- Beaver Creek Real Wedding
- Scotland Real Wedding
- Whistler Real Wedding
- Colorado Springs Real Wedding
- Wyoming Real Weddings: A Color-Filled Wyoming Soiree & Destination Wedding Wyoming
- Norway Real Wedding
- Ireland Real Weddings: An Ireland Destination Wedding, Dublin Destination Wedding & Unforgettable Ireland Wedding
- Aspen Real Wedding
- Iceland Real Weddings: A Memorable Iceland Wedding, Intimate Icelandic Nuptails, An Iceland Destination Wedding, A Captivating Wedding in Iceland & Iceland Destination Wedding
If you’re just hopping aboard the Destination: Winter Weddings train, be sure to check out this week’s earlier posts: Top 10 Winter Wedding Destinations, Winter Wedding Trends & Tips, Tips for an Aspen Winter Wedding and Utah Winter Destination Wedding. Lastly, stay tuned tomorrow for another lovely real-life winter destination wedding!
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Amy Zumwalt Photographers, This Modern Romance, Micah Lindstrom (3rd & 12th), Koby Brown Photography (Formerly Archetype Studio), Ben and Molly (5th & 8th), Zac Wolf Photography, Doreen Kilfeather Photography, Elisha Clarke Photography, Jacqui Cole Photography, Laura Murray Photography, Otto Schulze Photography, Sara Hasstedt Photography & Your Adventure Wedding.
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Wording your invitations correctly can be tricky and a destination wedding offers different options.
by Jennifer Stein
How do you know if a destination wedding is the right choice for you? Find out here.
by Elaine Hilbelink
Some of the most popular destination wedding etiquette questions - answered!
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email