Maldives Island Wedding VenueWords by Katie Martin
Photos courtesy of Coco Privé Private Island
Many weddings are private and intimate occasions for the couple and for their guests, but with Coco Privé Private Island Maldives, weddings take on a whole new meaning. Located 35 minutes by boat from the Malé International Airport, this private island stay will be an experience unlike any other. With no time restrictions, extra costs or limited space, this Maldives island wedding venue is something that no couple – or guest – will ever forget.
The island itself features a luxury master residence and five guest villas for your stay. To add to what the island has to offer, there’s also a library, an indoor and outdoor gym, a sauna and a pool that will keep any guest, or couple, busy when they aren’t enjoying the clear blue waters that surround them. For the more adventurous couples, water sports, from windsurfing to catamaran sailing, are available to participate in. More laid-back couples can enjoy a relaxing spa treatment anywhere and anytime on the island. With everything you can imagine, a wedding weekend on this private island in the Maldives is unlike any experience you can imagine.
For your Maldives island wedding venue, the Coco Privé Private Island Maldives offers these packages:
Traditional Dowry Ceremony – In the Maldives, the groom traditional presents a gift to the bride to mark the occasion of their two families joining together. This unique touch can be crafted to add a local flavor to a couple’s special day. This package includes:
- Traditional Maldivian dress with traditional jewellery for the bride to wear for the ceremony
- Traditional Maldivian sarong with turban for the groom to wear for the ceremony
- Local gifts for the groom to present to the bride
- Homemade Maldivian delicacies for the wedding party to enjoy during the ceremony
- Photographer to capture the special moment
Pre-Wedding Pampering For The Bride - Indulge yourself and your bridesmaids before you walk down the aisle. Your pampering sessions will include:
- Soothing massage, body scrub and facial by your personal therapist
- Manicures and pedicures for you and your bridesmaids
- Bridal hair and makeup
The Ceremony – A Maldivian ceremony on the beach. The ceremony will include:
- Bespoke floral arrangements, gazebo and seating
- Order of ceremony cards
- Bridal bouquet
- Personalized wedding cake
- Ceremony music, with the option of featuring traditional Maldivian drummers
- Photographer and videographer to capture the moment
Post-Ceremony Celebrations – The after-wedding festivities include:
- Bride and groom's cocktails and canapés
- Sit-down dinner on the beach, with a personalized menu
- Evening entertainment with a bonfire and music band or DJ
The island is for hire for $45,000 (plus taxes) per night. Couples will enjoy the amenities of the island for themselves and up to nine of their closest companions. For more information on this island wedding venue and the Coco Privé Private Island Maldives, check out the website here.
You Might Also Like
by Sarah Padilla
Rosewood Little Dix Bay began offering a variety of wellness retreats in 2011.
by Jennifer Stein
Discriminating couples seeking the exotic experience of a Caribbean wedding, without the worry of planning difficulties, should look no further than the Cayman Islands.
by Jennifer Stein
According to Rebecca Grinnals, a little advance research will ensure that you find the perfect location for your island nuptials.
by Courtney Kellar
The U.S. Virgin Islands are a great option for destination weddings and honeymooners alike.
by Courtney Kellar
You’ll find it hard to leave this paradise and go back to the “real world.”
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email