Aspen: An Intimate Wedding Paradise
August 6, 2020
Photos courtesy of
With COVID-19, many couples are looking to host a destination wedding state-side with fewer guests than they otherwise would’ve had. Among the many picturesque places to say “I do” in the US is Aspen, Colorado, a mountain town that is known for its posh hotels, storied past and endless opportunity for adventure. It’s the perfect place to go if you envision having a blast with a small group of your favorite people. We gathered information from three of Aspen’s stellar hotel properties who specialize in small, intimate weddings.
First up is Aspen Meadows Resort. Located on 40 acres and surrounded by the beautiful Colorado Rockies, the property offers a variety of award-winning cuisine, spacious guest rooms and unique, artful event spaces.
“We know many couples still want to get married but in a scaled-back way, so we’re opening up our venues to them to create an intimate and special experience in one of the most picturesque places in America – Aspen,” says Rachel Butler, catering and conference sales manager.
The resort’s typical $2,000 and up ceremony site rental fees are being replaced with a simple rate of $250 (including chairs/set up), and a private venue for the reception, which usually is $1,000 and up, is free.
For couples hoping to extend their nuptials digitally, Aspen Meadows is offering a live stream option from Colorado Audio Visual that can be hosted through the couple’s choice of platforms including but not limited to YouTube, Zoom, Facebook, Instagram and Skype. Couples will not only have the ability to have the ceremony broadcast live to their family and friends, but they will have a permanent recording of their ceremony as well.
Interested couples should call 970-379-0145 for more details.
Next up is The Gant. Sitting on five acres at the base of Aspen Mountain, The Gant is offers comfort in the form of upscale condominiums that feel like staying in luxury mountain cabins. The amenities abound, but perhaps the most appealing for group travel is the on-demand Gant Van service for group transportation to and from the airport and into town.
The Gant offers an idyllic 1,500-sq. ft. rooftop terrace with surrounding mountain views— a perfect locale for couples seeking an intimate wedding. The Gants’ Wee Wedding experiences offers two different packages:
The first is the Traditional Elopement package which includes a ceremony set-up (decorations not included) on the Ute Rooftop Terrace, a complimentary bottle of champagne and a meat and cheese tray for four. Price starts at $2,500 for site rental.
Their Intimate Ceremony packages includes a ceremony set-up (decorations not included) on the Ute Rooftop Terrace, a complimentary champagne toast, meat and cheese trays and a bartender for two hours. Price starts at $4,000 for site rental (max 20 people).
Additional benefits for couples are:
- 10% off flower arrangements with Mountain Flowers of Aspen
- 25% off photography packages with Robin Proctor Photography
- Special pricing on décor packages with Bear Aesthetics
To begin planning with the group sales associated, call 800-549-0530.
Lastly, you have The Little Nell, famous for its luxurious amenities, top cuisine and wine from all over the world and, most importantly, its homey feel that makes you want to snuggle up and tell stories at the end of an adventurous day.
Small wedding/elopement offerings with The Little Nell include:
- A guided fly-fishing adventure at T-Lazy-7 Ranch in the stocked ponds exclusively available to The Little Nell. That evening Little Nell chefs can prepare your wild caught trout at an intimately sized welcome dinner.
- A sunset Off-Road Tour to Buckhorn Cabin for a welcome dinner.
- An afternoon ceremony atop Aspen Mountain in the concert meadow (where yoga may be this summer led by Aspen Shakti – this may not yet be confirmed).
- A private dining experience at The Little Nell with custom wine pairing menu and a cellar tour/tasting with the wine director or a sommelier from the wine team.
- A cycling tour to Old Snowmass’ Mad Dog Ranch along Snowmass Creek for a Little Nell-catered dinner in the evening or a farewell brunch.
Starting to picture your intimate wedding in the mountain town of Aspen? We are certainly excited for you as Colorado is a wonderful state for sharing experiences with loved ones that are simply unforgettably fun and overwhelmingly priceless.