Australia Wedding Recommendations
August 14, 2018
Photos courtesy of
It’s day two of our Destination: Australia week and today we’re sharing first-hand experiences with this amazing country!
DID’s Pro Picks
As you may already know, DID doesn’t feature any destination, wedding venue or honeymoon recommendation in the magazine that one of our editors or contributing writers haven’t visited in person. This way we can provide knowledgeable and honest reviews for our readers.
- Honeymoon in South Australia
- Australia’s Great Outback
- Kangaroo Island
- Western Australia for Your Destination Wedding
We’re also sharing some sage words of advice from real-life wedding brides who chose to say “I do” in Australia. After all, who better to give tips on hosting a wedding away here, than couples who have already gone through the process?
- “As with a traditional wedding, there is a lot of planning involved. This is the same for a destination wedding, but having guests arrive from all over the world, we had to think about all the details of the travel plans and accommodations too. After a lot of phone calls, emails and co-ordination meetings, we managed to pull off our fantastic destination wedding.” ~ Nikolett, Magnetic Island, Australia destination wedding bride. View her full wedding feature here: An Australian Destination Wedding.
- “The first time I traveled to Australia, I fell in love with St Mary’s and a destination wedding was perfect for us because we wanted something very small and intimate. We both love Queensland and St. Mary’s is such a gorgeous little chapel. It’s also right off the Great Barrier Reef. In a lot of ways [the planning] was quite stressful, but it was also really freeing to know that I didn’t have to control every little thing – there was just no way that I could. I imagine it was much less stressful than planning a wedding closer to home, especially because we were able to keep the guest list so small. We were really relaxed about the whole thing.” ~Jennifer, Queensland, Australia destination wedding bride. View her full wedding feature here: A Joyous Queensland Wedding.
Stay tuned the rest of this week for Australian real-life weddings and fashion and décor inspiration!
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Ben Goode / Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park (1st), Southern Ocean Lodge (2nd), South Australian Tourism Commission (3rd), Scot Woodman Photography (4th) & Helga Schaefer Photography (5th).