Say “I Do” at a Luxe English Manor
April 15, 2014
Photos courtesy of
For couples looking to host a romantic destination wedding at a historic and lovely spot – look no further than Ellenborough Park in Cheltenham, England. This 16th century manor house is not only the epitome of luxury, but it’s nestled in the historic Cotswolds and surrounded by beautifully kept gardens. Ellenborough Park is consistently named one of the best hotels in England and has an award-winning spa worthy of any bride our newlyweds. The property can host weddings for up to 140 guests in one of its many beautiful rooms and there is also a stone gazebo for outdoor ceremonies between May and October.
The only five-star hotel in the Cotswolds, Ellenborough Park is perfect for couples or honeymooners looking for a Downton Abbey-like feel. The hotel is currently offering two different packages which we think you might like: the Midweek Weddings Package and the Romantic Celebration Getaway. Whether you’re looking to say “I do” or escape on a romantic honeymoon, hopefully one of these two packages will suit your needs!
Ellenborough Park is the ideal host for midweek weddings in Cheltenham. Midweek weddings at this romantic Gloucestershire wedding venue can currently be booked for any Monday to Thursday date.
Ellenborough Park offers a special rate of £6750 ($11,187.45) that includes almost everything that is needed for the perfect wedding and reception.
Ellenborough Gallery plays host to your Civil Ceremony, and we offer the use of our enchanting grounds and stunning internal area for drinks reception and photographs. Your Wedding Breakfast and evening entertainment will be situated in the beautiful De la Bere Court.
As a luxury Cotswolds wedding venue, we understand all the details to really create a magical wedding day and so we include:
- Reception drinks with canapés
- A delicious three course wedding breakfast complete with coffee and truffles
- Half a bottle of house wine per guest
- A toast of sparkling wine
- Complimentary menu tasting and wine tasting for the Bride and Groom
- Evening cheeseboard or filled hot rolls
- A DJ
- Wedding breakfast stationery – seating plan, place cards, table names or numbers and menus, floral table displays using seasonal flowers in your choice of colour
- Use of cake stand and knife if required
- Our renowned Master of Ceremonies will also ensure the smooth running of your special day
- Two Spa Treatments for the Bride and Groom or a Bridal Make-up and Manicure service
- A luxury bedroom replete with house Champagne for the Bride and Groom’s first wedded night
Prices are based on 50 guests for a standard rate, but additional numbers can of course be added for a supplement. If more than 50 guests are attending, this package can be adjusted flexibly to allow for additional day and evening guests, additional children or additional guests attending the evening reception only.
If you would like menu and drinks upgrades then there are many options available; the three course wedding breakfast menu includes a selection of different options for couples to choose from. However, alternative dishes can be selected for a supplement.
Romantic Celebration Getaway (ideal for an engagement or honeymoon)
- Two nights’ in a Traditional Room.
- Chilled Champagne, chocolates and a dozen red roses in your room on arrival.
- Dinner in The Beaufort Dining Room on the night of your choice.
- Dinner in The Brasserie on the alternate night.
- Full English breakfast each morning.
- Full use of The Spa and leisure facilities.
- 10% off any spa treatments.
- Late checkout until 12 noon.
- £809 ($1,340.84) per room for the two nights
Upgrades – Rate Per Night
- Classic – £60 ($99.44)
- Luxury – £190 ($314.91)
- Duplex Stormyfairweather Suite – £510 ($845.27)
- Open Plan Istabraq or Kauto Star Suite – £610 ($1,011.01)
- Arkle Suite with Private Dining Room – £1,110 ($1,839.71)
For more information about Ellenborough Park or either of these packages, visit ellenboroughpark.com.