Intimate Venue on the California Coast
May 26, 2015
Photos courtesy of
There are couples for whom a hometown wedding or full-scale destination wedding isn’t a fit. So, what’s the alternative? The answer is either an elopement or intimate ceremony and reception with only your closest loved ones. Thankfully, venues are becoming more and more in-tune with today’s couples and many now offer elopement or vow renewal packages. The Little River Inn on California’s Mendocino Coast is one such destination.
Hailed as “where the coast’s history and natural beauty meet,” the Little River Inn has been around for five generations. With that history comes service and a background for your big day that is hard to beat. The house boasts classic Victorian architecture and beyond the stunning, expansive Pacific Ocean views, the Little River Inn also has extensive gardens.
To cater to couples, the Little River Inn recently launched a Romantic Couples Package for those who want a small, but beautiful celebration. The Inn will handle all the details of your elopement, vow renewal or intimate wedding. Here’s what’s included in the Little River Inn’s Romantic Couples Package:
- Exchange vows in your room, on your balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean, or in our beautiful garden.
- Accommodating parties from two to six people.
- Champagne or sparkling cider & memory glasses upon arrival.
- An hour with a professional local photographer for a personal, one-on-two shoot.
- A Non-Denominational Officiant.
- A small cake after your ceremony.
- Your choice of bouquet & boutonniere OR a large arrangement for your room.
- A three-course dinner for two with hand selected wine (maximum value $175 including tax & 18% gratuity).
- Breakfast in bed for two ($55 includes tax & 18% Gratuity).
- Up to five hours of consultation with our Events Coordinator, including the day-of and communications with the couple and with vendors. Additional time over five hours is billed at $50 per hour.
- Packages start at $2307 per couple (Monday through Thursday) and $2507 per couple (Friday, Saturday & Sunday) plus tax, including all services. The package rate includes a two night stay in one of our beautiful Jacuzzi Tub Ocean View rooms. You may upgrade your room based on availability, and at an additional charge.
Booking a venue with so much experience and expertise will ensure peace of mind and the Inn’s offerings go beyond even what’s listed below. The Little River Inn also hosts traditional, full-scale weddings. For more information, visit littleriverinn.com.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): John Birchard Wedding Photography, Pablo Abuliak, RIta Crane Studio Photography, Abercrombie & Kent & Frankeny Images.