Travel To Taos For Two
October 13, 2016
Photos courtesy of
Relationships are filled with several elements that make up their meaning, beauty and history, much like Taos – a town in northern New Mexico with art and native culture engrained in its history (it also has a reputation for being a great place to ski!). Palacio de Marquesas, a luxury inn in Taos, and Heritage Inspirations, a local travel company, put together several packages to pump up any couple itching for destination about traveling to their town.
Palacio de Marquesa, an 8-bedroom property, is a true reflection of female artists – Georgia O’Keeffe, Mabel Dodge Luhan, Agnes Martin and Millicent Rodgers to name a few – and their contribution to the local art community. Each of the eight bedrooms are styled to represent a different influential woman that left an impact on the Taos art scene. However, the packages offered aren’t only for lovers of art and each other, but would be perfect for an outdoorsy pair or history buffs too. The packages offered include:
- Harwood Museum Package: Taos is a community with history dating back centuries. The town’s history and beauty served as inspiration for art and artists, and this package gives couples a chance to explore that connection. Couples will enjoy two tickets to the Harwood Museum of Art, daily breakfast, complimentary WiFi and parking.
- Mabel Dodge Luhan & Co. Harwood Package – Mabel Dodge Luhan, the matriarch of Taos art, is currently being celebrated with a new exhibition – Mabel Dodge Luhan & Company: American Moderns and the West – in the renowned museum. This package includes admission for two to enjoy over 150 works of art created by artists that visited Taos at the request of Mabel herself.
- Infinitely Romantic Package – this package, offered by the Living Spa at the El Monte Sagrado, provides a “unifying experience” through synergistic yoga and paired spa treatments.
- Each stay at either the Palacio de Marquesa or El Monte Sagrado includes a discount coupon card for 15% off of local businesses like Martyrs Steakhouse, The Living Spa and more.
- Residents of New Mexico and Texas will receive 20% off of the best available rate, as well as 15% off of summer stays.
Heritage Inspirations is a new travel company offering unique, authentic traveling adventures in northern New Mexico. The company combined efforts with Heritage Hotels and Resorts (the hotel group behind Palacio de Marquesa and El Monte Sagrado) to offer “all-inclusive multi-day itineraries to introduce visitors to the history, cuisine, people and traditions of special NM cultural sites and landscapes – all very hands-on and active.” These adventures are ideal for a group or a different kind of honeymoon.
Each day of a trip with them will end at a Heritage property. Anyone partaking in the tours in Taos will be staying at the El Monte Sagrado. The Taos tours featured by Heritage Inspirations include:
- Eat, Pray, Love. Experience: a three-day tour giving perfect for anyone that loves art and history, culinary adventures and being active. This tour takes visitors along the Mesa Prieta ancient petroglyphs on the Black Mesa, a hike up to a hand-carved and sculpted earth cave, Taos Pueblo, Red Willow Farms on Taos Pueblo and San Francisco de Asis Mission Church. Also included in this package is a private concert with GRAMMY-award winner Robert Mirabal, yoga, river adventures, wine-tasting at Vivac Winery and more culinary, artistic and spiritual endeavors.
- Weekend of Enchantment: a four-day tour that explores the culture of Taos, covering the historic village of Chimayo and the High Road to Taos, the Earthship Community, Georgia O’Keeffe Country and Santa Fe’s Canyon Road.
- Heritage Active Adventure: a five-day tour filled with active adventures like hiking in Kasha-Katuwe Tent Rocks National Monument and Bandelier National Monument, a Rio Grande River Float and llama-trekking in Taos Mountain.
Angelisa Espinoza, the owner and head guide, has a background as an active travel guide and trip developer. She is a “true storyteller” determined to change the perspective and enrich the lives of her guests. With a population of less than 6,000, Taos isn’t the largest town, but it does have a lot to offer.