February 8, 2018
Photos courtesy of
If you wish to plan your wedding around cuisine, The Dorchester Collection hotels offer luxurious amenities and award-winning chefs who are incorporating the hottest food trends into your stay. They share suggestions on what types of trending chow to try.
- setting in the woods of the famous gates of Bel-Air, home to the legendary Swan Lake
- painted cakes and custom cocktails
“I don’t mean a large expensive list but a carefully curated list of cocktails really makes a difference in your bar program,” Executive Chef, Hugo Bolanos says.
- overlooks picturesque, Hyde Park, close to the bustling Park Lane, Mayfair and Bond Street
- food with anti-oxidant properties and all seasonal plates
“I believe there will be a continuation of the social media trend – creating dishes that appeal to the online audience and using seasonal ingredients in fun and novel ways that picture well,” Executive Chef at The Grill, Guillaume Katola, says.
- in the heart of elegant Mayfair, intimate wedding spaces
- pop-up food concepts
Executive Chef at CUT, David Mcintyre says, “We have seen a rise in the popularity of Japanese flavors in London, which is why we have introduced a new sushi box to our lunch menu at CUT at 45 Park Lane.”
- nestled in the heart of romantic Rome, just blocks away from the Spanish Steps, elegant foyers and panoramic views
- all things healthy
“My focus in 2018 will be to develop new recipes in order to create lighter desserts. Generally speaking, the trend of F&B will be healthy cuisine,” Executive Chef, Fabio Ciervo says.
- luxury country house hotel and spa in the Berkshire countryside, ultimate country weddings
- local produce, Japanese Asian cooking techniques
Executive Chef, Adam Smith says, “On our current Best of British menu we have a Marinated Mackerel with seaweed, radish and avocado. We marinade the mackerel with miso soy and lime marinade which gives a natural balanced flavor to the fish.”
- historic neoclassical landmark, overlooks Piazza della Repubblica, only luxury hotel offering high capacity, grand event spaces
- Flavorful vegan plates
“I think that there will be an increase of sweet and spicy flavors make unexpected appearances in food and an usage of new ‘flavor injectors’ mix things up to boost flavors,” Head Chef at Acanto, Alessandro Buffolino says.