Sedona Wellness Experiences
June 18, 2019
Photos courtesy of
The wellness travel trend is likely here to stay and the summer season is a great time to take advantage. After all, summer is the time to refresh and reboot! Sedona is known worldwide as a unique spiritual destination and one luxury resort is making the most of its red rock setting. L’Auberge de Sedona, A Destination Hotel is celebrating 35 years along the banks of Oak Creek in Sedona, Arizona with myriad special offerings. Among these offerings are packages and experiences catered to wellness – perfect for destination wedding and honeymoon couples!
New for 2019, L’Auberge de Sedona created its Vortex Treehouse – designed to be a spiritual sanctuary complemented by expansive views of the surrounding red rocks. Vortex Treehouse wellness experiences are $160 for 60 minutes and $220 for 90 minutes for one or two people to enjoy in the intimate setting.
The property is also currently offering a Cooler by Nature package for the summer months. Here are the details: “Revel in a variety of summertime activities with the Cooler by Nature package with one-of-a-kind dining, spa treatments and serene nature views from the private deck. Indulge the senses and refresh the mind and body during a personally designed summer escape including a two-night stay, up to 20 percent off cottages and suites when you stay Creekside, and $40 credit at ETCH Kitchen + Bar. The starting rate for this package is $359+ per night. Book now for stays through Sept. 30.”
Here are some additional examples of wellness offerings at L’Auberge de Sedona:
- Signature Vortex Treehouse Session: L’Auberge de Sedona has created four rituals in honor of Sedona’s four most highly energized vortex sites: Airport Mesa, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock and Boynton Canyon. Each session includes direction on becoming more present, guided meditation specific to the individual’s purpose, sound bath to enhance the intention and a closing with intention setting.
- Customized Yoga: Yogis are taken on a distinctive journey incorporating the mind, body and energetic practice. The session can be customized to focus on the physical, emotional and spiritual state based on the request of the participant.
- Vinyasa Vortex: Guests can stretch and strengthen with this invigorating breath and movement-focused session. This session guides participants through reconnecting to the body, mind, and breath and releasing into a bliss-filled relaxation.
- Sound Healing: Sound healing uses the energy of sound to promote wellness through various techniques. This session begins with a brief discussion of primordial sound healing and moves into a few simple practices of toning and mantra. Guests achieve a deep relaxation and chakra balance through the sounds of seven native flats tuned to the seven main energy centers of the body.
- Customized Meditation: Visitors can enhance their current practices and/or learn new methods to promote personal relaxation and wellbeing. Methods taught include guiding imagery, pranayama (a breath control technique) and sound healing.
- Mindful Moon Meditation: A mystical moonlit series centered around the new moon each month. A guided journey of healing sessions, Mindful Moon Meditation sessions include an earthing and grounding ritual, breathing and meditation, sound healing, and a write and reflect session.
- Nature Focused Spa Experiences: L’Auberge de Sedona’s award-winning luxury spa, L’Apothecary Spa, also offers a number of nature-focused wellness experiences including Forest Bathing, Star Bathing and the seasonal Feet in the Creek.
Whether you live in Arizona or elsewhere, Sedona makes for a lovely summertime treat. No matter where you choose to trave for your summer vacay, be sure to go the extra mile and treat yourself to a wellness activity or experience! Visit lauberge.com for more information or to book one of these special wellness packages or experiences.