Cabo Minimalist Elopement Inspiration
May 29, 2023
Photos courtesy of
Annie and Fernando’s elopement shoot in Cabo beautifully captures the essence of minimalist elegance against the stunning backdrop of nature. In this interview with their planner, we delve into the behind-the-scenes details and the collaborative efforts of the talented team of vendors.
- Getting the Ball Rolling: The elopement planning process started when Annie and Fernando approached Nabia Weddings with their desire for a minimalist wedding in Cabo. The planner, Ana, took the initiative to contact Paradero, a breathtaking venue that perfectly aligned with the couple’s vision. Recognizing the need for a photographer and videographer who could capture the essence of their style, Ana recommended Carlos Plazola for photography and Daniel Jireh for the video. To complete the team, Mazarte Floral was chosen for their expertise in creating stunning floral arrangements, Adriana Madrid for dress design, Let It Be Events for furniture rentals, and Styling Trio for hair and makeup.
- The Inspiration Behind the Theme/Style: The elopement drew inspiration from organic forms and materials, aiming to create scenes that embodied contemporary elegance and the breathtaking beauty of nature. By blending solid surfaces with the movement of flowers, the team crafted an artistic, bold design with a touch of minimalism. The choice of Paradero as the venue further enhanced this vision, as its sophisticated architectural design seamlessly merged with nature, following a brutalist style.
- The Ceremony Look: For the ceremony, a beautiful organic arch was built and painted to resemble the color of the earth, symbolizing the harmony between architecture and nature. Mazarte Floral added delicate touches of flowers, adhering to the organic and minimalist style of the elopement. The result was a visually captivating ceremony setting, where the arch seemed to emerge from the sand, perfectly reflecting the couple’s desire for a harmonious union between human design and the natural world.
- The Reception Look: The reception embraced a minimalist floral style, complemented by custom candles in various shapes and neutral colors. Unpolished marble chargers were specially designed to incorporate organic materials into the table setting, further emphasizing the theme. Eventfully Baja curated a sitting chart and stationery, sculpted in marble to harmonize with the overall aesthetic. Let It Be Events expertly incorporated furniture rentals, transparent crystal cups, and copper-color plaqué accents, injecting subtle pops of color into the reception decor.
- Collaboration Among Vendors: The team of vendors worked harmoniously, fueled by their extensive experience in Cabo and a shared passion for creating extraordinary weddings. From Styling Trio’s impeccable hair and makeup artistry during the getting-ready process to the seamless coordination of all elements, every vendor played a crucial role in bringing Annie and Fernando’s vision to life. Their collective expertise and local knowledge allowed for a truly remarkable and cohesive celebration.
- Favorite Moments: When asked about her favorite part of the elopement, the planner expressed her admiration for the reception. This segment of the celebration showcased the successful culmination of the team’s efforts. Every detail, from the minimalist floral arrangements to the custom candles and marble-inspired stationery, harmoniously came together to fulfill Annie and Fernando’s dreams.
Annie and Fernando’s elopement shoot serves as an inspiration for couples seeking a minimalist and nature-inspired wedding. Through the careful selection of vendors and the seamless collaboration among them, a remarkable celebration was crafted, perfectly reflecting the couple’s style and desires. This elopement serves as a testament to the power of teamwork and creativity, resulting in a truly memorable experience for Annie and Fernando and their loved ones.
Vendors: Photography: Carlos Plazola; Design & Planning: Näbia Weddings; Floral Design: Mazarte Floral; Hair & Makeup: Styling Trio; Venue: Pescadero Hotel; Videography: Daniel Jireh; Stationery: Eventfully Baja; Jewelry: The Freshwater Pearl Company; Furniture: Let It Be Events; Gown: Adriana Madrid Bridal