Say Yes To A Rented Dress
November 25, 2019
Photos courtesy of
Many brides-to-be have fantasized about bridal gown shopping since they were little girls. What they may not have realized is that once there is a ring on it, she suddenly has to buy not only “the dress,” but special outfits for an engagement party, engagement photo shoot, bridal shower, bachelorette getaway, rehearsal dinner, morning after the wedding brunch, and honeymoon. Geez, shopping never felt like such a chore!
The designer clothing rental craze is a great alternative for a soon-to-be-Mrs. to consider. A beautiful “something borrowed” is just a few mouse clicks or finger taps away, eliminating the time commitment of going to a store. For a fraction of the cost, a bride can rent gorgeous dresses she may otherwise not have been able to afford.
“The beauty of a rental dress service allows women to have a new dress for every event. Because she is going to be in so many photos, it’s great to be able to send the items back easily after she snaps her best shots,” says Bethany Sharp, co-founder and president of Lady Jetset, a white-glove concierge fashion rental service that delivers statement wardrobe pieces to your home and hotel. “Obviously, we know that special wedding gown is a one-of-a-kind purchase and meant to be kept forever, but for the other dresses that are required for all the days leading up, let us handle it all!”
On top of wedding planning, packing for a bachelorette weekend, destination wedding, and honeymoon is just another added stressor. Sharp can certainly relate. The Palm Beach, Fla. resident had a destination wedding at Atlantis, Paradise Island’s The Cove resort in the Bahamas when she married professional race car driver Scott Sharp in 2012.
The couple lived quite the jet setting lifestyle on the racing circuit, traveling from city-to-city and track-to-track. Sharp wanted to capture the essence of each destination’s vibe in her wardrobe selection, but the constant packing, lugging of suitcases, unpacking, and dry cleaning created quite the headache for her. She realized there must be a simpler way for globe-trotting fashionistas like herself. That’s how Sharp devised the unique concept of Lady Jetset.
“Scott is a go-getter and an entrepreneur at heart. I always had the vision and love for design and creativity and it instantly blended so well with his eager-to-run-with-it personality,” she credited her hubby. “Scott has always taken my creativity and turned it into a business.”
Sharp and her team curate customized, destination-specific wardrobes that get shipped in the company’s signature red box directly to the customer’s hotel. The concierge will have the clothing ready and waiting for the guest upon arrival. Return shipping and laundering is included in the rental fee. Before departing the hotel, the concierge will handle returning items to Lady Jetset, so travelers can fly home with minimal luggage and barely any dirty laundry.
A celebrity stylist and fit expert is on-hand to ensure customers select pieces that will fit like a glove. She can schedule FaceTime appointments with clients to see her size and body type. Women in the South Florida area can get same-day delivery for last-minute fashion emergencies and are welcome to visit the Lady Jetset showroom to try on styles in person at their Jupiter Island showroom.
Many times, people feel they need a vacation after a vacation. By knocking the tasks of packing, carrying, and laundry off the to-do list, honeymoons can be as relaxing as they are meant to be. Purchased dresses not only take up space in suitcases, but also take up valuable real estate in closets. Remember, wives needs to make room for her new husband or wife’s clothing too!
Rental fashion is also a great option for bridal parties and wedding guests. Kameron Westcott from “The Real Housewives of Dallas” wore a pink tiered Valentino dress from Lady Jetset on the hit Bravo show when she threw co-star LeeAnne Locken a bridal shower in April.
Sharp broke down the fashion, all available to rent at ladyjetset.com, she recommends for popular destination wedding locales:
- Disney Magic- For the rehearsal dinner, wish upon a star in a twinkling maxi dress from designer Rococo Sand, which has stars embroidered on it.
- Eloping in Vegas- The white Rita Eyelet Ruffle Beach Dress by designer Poupette St Barth is the perfect cover-up for a poolside bridal look. Dinnertime calls for a bold print from Dolce & Gabbana and brides who are tying the knot in Vegas can go sexy glam in a Ronny Kobo mini-dress when hitting The Strip’s nightlife scene. Sin City is also known as a shopping mecca. Get your retail therapy on wearing a piece by Love Shack Fancy.
- Tropical Paradise- Patbo is the way to go for a Caribbean island or Mexican destination wedding.
- Wine Country- If your husband or wife-to-be had you at hello, Lady Jetset’s burgundy-colored faux fur vest will have you at merlot! Sip in style at the vineyards and tasting rooms in a long dress by Love Shack Fancy.
- Snowcapped Mountains- Winter weddings with the backdrop of snowcapped mountains make for gorgeous photos, however bulky sweaters and coats take up a lot of room in luggage. Lady Jetset now offers rental parkas, faux fur vests and jackets, cashmere sweaters, and ski pants to look chic on the slopes and at the lodge.
- European Castle- Get your Markle Sparkle on in a dramatic, regal plaid or metallic gown that captures the candlelight beautifully.