Taking inspiration from Hollywood love stories for your own destination wedding or honeymoon adventure is a smart and fun idea! In fact, I was inspired by HBO’s TV series “Game of Thrones” for my own destination elopement and honeymoon. (See DID’s upcoming Fall/Winter 2019 issue for my own Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland wedding and honeymoon adventure!) If something a little closer to home and more traditional is what you’re after, we’re sharing a package that’s inspired by the well-known Hollywood film – “The Notebook.”
Charleston, South Carolina’s HarbourView Inn was recently inspired by the movie’s 15th anniversary to create a romance package inspired by the film. Whether traveling to Charleston for your destination wedding or honeymoon, booking this sweet package is a fun idea! The movie was filmed in Charleston and the package provides the opportunity to travel to many of the filming locations. Here’s what’s included with the “Allie & Noah’s Timeless Romance Experience” package:
- Where Allie licks ice cream off Noah’s face – visit to Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream with $25 gift card
- When Allie and Noah stroll down King Street to The American Theatre – private carriage ride for two around the Historic District
- Where Noah asks Allie to dance in the street and they lay in the middle of the road – stop at The American Theatre where guests can request to have a personalized romantic saying displayed on the marquee*
- Home to Allie’s family summer house where Noah ponders the end of their fling – two tickets and private transportation to Boone Hall Plantation & Gardens
- When Noah rows Allie in a canoe through the swamp – general admission for two to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, complete with house tour and Audubon Swamp Garden tour
- Allie wakes up to flowers on her pillow – rose petal turndown with a bottle of sparkling wine, as well as one dozen roses in-room upon arrival
- Where Allie is dining with her new fiancé when Noah walks by – $100 gift card for dinner at High Cotton
*Note the American Theater portions have been suspended temporarily while it’s under renovation.
The package is priced at $2,000 per couple and would be a sweet and unique idea for a proposal, destination wedding or honeymoon visit to Charleston! You and your sweetheart could relive the movie scene-by-scene in the actual filming locations. For more information about the package and the HarbourView Inn, visit harbourviewcharleston.com.