October 25, 2017
Photos courtesy of
If you’re searching for a luxurious honeymoon with elegant, all-inclusive service — it doesn’t get any better than cruising.
“Because most cruises are, by nature, virtually all-inclusive, they are ideal for honeymoon and wedding couples, and our member lines are definitely seeing an increase in this market,” says Terry L. Dale, president and CEO of the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA).
Many CLIA-member cruise lines also offer flexible wedding packages and shipboard wedding chapels. Adds Dale, “Packages are available in prices to match virtually any budget and, depending on the package, photographers, bridal bouquets, wedding cake, music and champagne toast can be provided.”
One stellar line – Regent Seven Seas Cruises – offers romantic options such as dining on your private balcony, strolling under moonlit promenade decks, and getting a massage-for-two – making the cruise experience (especially on Regent) to-sigh-for. Why we got goosebumps:
Our “Magnificent Seven Reasons” should also convince you that cruising is just the ticket.
1. Suitcase? What suitcase? When cruising, you simply unpack just once yet travel to a variety of destinations.
2. There’s no tipping. Many high-end lines have eradicated this age-old custom.
3. Accommodations are exceptional. For example, Regent’s Mariner is a 700-guest, all-suite, all-balcony ship that is beautifully appointed. We even had a bathtub! This ship doesn’t offer mere travel; it’s an aristo-craft.
4. There is no “no.” Hot fudge sundaes for the hot tub – or your private bath? Rose petals strewn on your sweetheart’s pillow? Many high-end cruise lines offer over-the-top romantic experiences, so everyone enjoys Trump-like travel.
5. You’ll sleep in sublime comfort. Today, cruise ships have awakened, and their beds are an ultimate amenity. Regent Seven Seas Cruises, for example, offers plush bedding, linens and pillows to wrap you in a cocoon of comfort, going overboard with luxury!
6. Great entertainment. On Regent’s Mariner, we saw first-rate talent who have performed in
7. Got Jeeves? Many lines offer butler service, where requests are met with aplomb. Need cufflinks in a hurry? Too tired to hang your own “Do Not Disturb” sign? That’s what butlers are for!
In short, the only thing better than actually being a VIP– is being treated like one – and when you cruise on a line luxury cruise line, you will be.
For a brochure, call (866) 284-4079; for reservations call (800) 285-1835. Visit TheRegentExperience.com.