Resort Amenities Without the Price Tag
March 3, 2020
Photos courtesy of
When it comes to attending a destination wedding, the cost for guests can rack up fast. Between travel, accommodations, food and extras some guests simply choose to miss out on pre-and-post wedding activities in order to save money – and that’s understandable. We recently came across a company that offers an innovative solution to this issue: ResortPass. Their service allows users to book a day pass, spa pass or cabana at a luxury resort starting at only $25. This way, if guests want to join in on the resort fun without staying there – they can enjoy the pool, spa, and amenities without the price tag. We spoke to Amanda Szabo, Founder and CEO of ResortPass to get some more info on the service.
Image of: The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
- What was your inspiration for starting ResortPass?
- I was living in San Diego at the time near several upscale resorts and I always thought about wanting to just hang out at one of the hotels, enjoy the beautiful environment, and lounge at the pool. I did sneak into a hotel once, but it was a very uncomfortable experience as I was nervous that I would get caught which defeated the whole purpose of relaxing! It was here while noticing how empty the pools were on weekdays, where I realized there was a gap in the market for this and I set out to fill it! I created ResortPass as a small-scale startup in the local community and since then, we have grown to have over 350 hotels around the country.
- How does ResortPass benefit families and friends of destination wedding couples?
- With destination weddings on the rise, weddings guests are looking for alternate ways to enjoy the experience without maxing their budget. For many guests (whether it be multi-gen families or friend groups), the question is often raised whether to ditch the recommended hotel accommodation for a nearby budget-friendly shared vacation home or, go all in and make the most of the destination wedding experience. ResortPass offers the best of both worlds – allowing guests who opt to stay in an Airbnb or vacation home, daytime access to a nearby hotel or resort to enjoy all the perks of a resort vacation without the overnight price tag. Booking a cabana for the day is a perfect pre-wedding group activity!
- What are your favorite partnered resorts for bachelor and bachelorette parties?
- We are located in some of the most popular bachelor / bachelorette destinations across the U.S. and with over 350+ partners, there’s truly a resort fit for every bride or groom to be. A few of our favorites include:
- Is there anything you’d like destination wedding couples to know about ResortPass that we haven’t covered?
- While swanky hotel pools and cabanas are a big draw to using our platform, many of our partners also offer unique spa, fitness and F&B packages too. These packages can offer the perfect activity for a bridal party or, visiting guests in the lead up to the wedding.
Image of: The Don Cesar