California Wine Country WeddingsWords by Courtney Cox
It’s day one of our Destination: California Wine Country week and we’re looking forward to five days’ worth of rolling vineyards, fashion advice, helpful travel and planning insight, and real-life weddings. Whether you’re planning your destination wedding, honeymoon or other pre- or post-wedding event in California wine country, there’s going to planning involved. Today’s Destination: X post is dedicated to providing you with the resources you’ll need to plan your dream event or trip to this West Coast, wine lover’s paradise.
Below, you’ll find local resources that are a great jumping-off point to make sure you’re aware of your options and the logistics involved with a wine country soirée. We’re also sharing past articles from our own site that are dedicated to California’s diverse wine country.
California Wine Country Wedding & Honeymoon Resources
Planning your wedding or honeymoon from afar can seem like a daunting task. It can be hard to know where to start, so we’re helping by sharing must-visit websites and resources for couples considering California and its wine country regions. We’re firm believers in doing plenty of research ahead of your travel – research will ensure you know exactly what to expect and can keep your guests well informed.
- Visit California – Weather and Timing Your Visit
- Visit California – General Information for Travelers
- Visit California – Travel Tips & Information (including transportation)
- Visit California – Wine Country Weddings
- Visit California – Wine Country Destinations
- Visit California – Spotlight: Sonoma County
- Visit California – Spotlight: Napa Valley
- Visit California – How to Pack for a Trip to California
- Visit California – “Share the Love” an Update on The State’s Recent Challenges, including the wild fires and mudslides
- Visit California – LGBT-Friendly Destinations
- California Now – Wine Country Articles
- Visit Sonoma County – Weddings
- Visit Napa Valley – Weddings
Destination I Do Articles and Advice for California Wine Country
Here at DID, we don’t include any destination or property in our magazine that someone from our team hasn’t personally visited. With California wine country being a classic destination wedding choice, we’ve covered California’s many options from tip-to-toe. Below, please find past articles and reviews from our team about various California wedding destinations.
- California’s Other Wine Country
- Romantic Wine Country in Paso Robles
- Carmel Valley Country Retreat
- Napa Valley Destination Weddings
- Sonoma Destination Weddings
- Napa Valley Nuptials
- Curative Carmel
- A Wine Connoisseur’s Must-Have App
- Honeymooning Highway 1
Stay tuned tomorrow for a detailed breakdown of California’s many wine regions and some sample itinerary ideas for you and your destination wedding guests.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Solage Calistoga, TravelPaso.com, Sonoma County Tourism, Windfall Farms, Carmel Valley Ranch & Bernardus Lodge & Spa
You Might Also Like
by Jennifer Stein
Wording your invitations correctly can be tricky and a destination wedding offers different options.
by Jennifer Stein
How do you know if a destination wedding is the right choice for you? Find out here.
by Elaine Hilbelink
Some of the most popular destination wedding etiquette questions - answered!
by Jennifer Stein
Just north of Puerto Vallarta on Banderas Bay is the exquisite Grand Velas.
by Courtney Cox
Our traveling editors pick their must-have items!
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email