Seven Ways to Say "I Do" in VegasWords by Shana Kinnerup
Las Vegas is the flagship destination for weddings away. With plenty of wedding chapels and simple marriage requirements, they make it pretty easy to tie-the-knot. What you may associate Vegas with is fun, gambling and that old adage, “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” But what you may not realize is the upscale destination wedding options are endless in this party town. Here are seven lucky ways to say “I do.”
1. The Bellagio - Surprisingly affordable, packages starting at $1500 make this Five-Diamond property an option for any couple. Consider a custom proposal in front of their world-famous fountains to the tune of your choice and in a completely private location. Book through The Wedding Chapel at the Bellagio and they will tie-up all the loose ends from food
2. Graceland Wedding Chapel - There is a reason over 3,000 couples a year choose this little landmark destination for their nuptials. It’s fun. The people are abundantly friendly and the experience is equally unforgettable. Just about anything goes in this venue, so it’s the place to let your imagination run wild with your big day. They offer a full-service experience starting at $199, so even if it’s a spur of the moment decision to meet Elvis, your needs are covered (signature Elvis shades included).
3. Wynn Las Vegas - A massive property which is distinctively elegant, The Wedding Salon at Wynn Las Vegas offers a diverse set of locations and price options which would please any bride. Packages start just above $1000 for a ceremony in one of their rich salons, topped off with private access to Tryst Nightclub where you can say “I do” under a towering waterfall.
4. Cosmopolitan - Everything about this property is young and trendy. Send the guys to feast at STK, while the ladies indulge in a bachelorette experience at Marquee Night Club’s 62,000 square-feet of space. Boasting the most unconventional wedding chapel on the strip, make your vows legal while guests enjoy an unforgettable experience.
5. Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas - Bridal packages include intimate gathering spaces or their Grand Ballroom for larger parties. They have a renowned High Tea Service at their top floor bar which provides an unforgettable view of Las Vegas. Their newly offered Ultimate Luxury Wedding Package includes a couture dress consultation, ceremony and reception for up to 200 guests, wedding night accommodations, couple's spa treatment and a one week honeymoon stay at any Mandarin Oriental property for a healthy $100,000.
6. Mob Museum - This is the venue for you if what you seek is something different and memorable. Set in the historic former federal building of Las Vegas, you can tie-the-knot where many infamous gangsters heard, “Guilty!” Customize
your experience to use the courtroom, museum exhibit rooms or other private spaces.
7. Smith Center for the Performing Arts - The ultimate off-the-strip experience of luxury and class. Venues include a live jazz bar and the Reynolds Hall main stage which seats over 2,000. Nestled between these are grand lobbies, outdoor courtyards and studio space for any size party. Built in a true art deco style, the setting is timeless and elegant throughout the entire property.
No matter the venue, there’s one thing you can count on when you get married in Vegas – you will hit the jackpot when
it comes to love.
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): The Bellagio, Graceland Wedding Chapel, Russell MacMasters, Cosmopolitan, Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, Mob Museum & altf.com.
This article first appeared in Destination I Do's Fall2013/Winter 2014 issue. You can order a copy here.
Related Articles & Advice
by Jennifer Stein
It's not easy to find the right companies to make your destination wedding planning easy. When it comes to invitations and stationery - that can be even harder - until now.
by Jennifer Stein
by Kelli Donley
This couple chose a destination wedding for several reasons and Puerto Vallarta for one in particular - to hold their wedding at Casa Valerie.
by Jennifer Stein
The SeaWatch Restaurant, with its expansive grounds overlooking the Wailea coastline in South Maui, offers up everything under the sun.
by Courtney Kellar
It wasn’t easy, but we rounded up our Top 10 Destinations for 2013.
Get the latest wedding trends & ideas by email