5 Reasons to Get Married in Mexico
As a destination wedding locale, Mexico has our hearts. We love the charm of the smaller or lesser-known places like Sayulita and Ixtapa, as well as the energy of the larger, more traversed destinations like Cabo San Lucas and Rivera Maya. Either way, the expansive talent found throughout the country, which caters to couples getting married abroad, allows for stress-free planning and an exquisite wedding day.
Here are five compelling reasons to consider Mexico as your destination wedding backdrop:
It’s Easy to Get To
- Many Mexico destinations offer direct flights from major airports (Only two-and-a-half hours from LAX to Cabo and just under two hours from Miami to Cancun).
- Once there, many hotel properties offer airport transfers as part of your hotel package.
Your Dollar Goes Further
- The average wedding costs $32,641 in the USA and the average cost of a wedding in Mexico is $25,800 (a portion of that is due to a smaller guest list).
- Many properties will include other events (welcome cocktail parties or farewell brunches) in their wedding contracts, like Palace Resorts.
There is CRAZY Talent Everywhere
- From rental companies and florists to expert wedding planners and photographers, you won’t have to compromise any detail, because this destination knows its way around weddings.
The Food Alone is Worth Coming For
- From taco and tequila tastings to churros… (I’ll just stop at churros).
- You aren’t limited to just eating Mexican either, there are countless cuisines offered throughout the country.
The Resorts are Gorgeous & Generous
- Many properties are offering perks like ocean views and butler service – even in their standard rooms, such as One&Only Palmilla.
- Also, one wedding a day is standard at many places, such as Playa Resorts.
If you want to uncover more on specific destinations in Mexico AND get wedding travel help, our friends at DestinationWeddings.com have you covered.
Check in daily as we dive into what makes this place so perfect for both weddings away and honeymoons with our #DestinationX #DestinationMexico series this week! Muchas Gracias!
Photos courtesy of (in order of appearance): Jennifer Emerling with YEAH! Weddings, One&Only Palmilla (2nd & 4th), Sarah Kate Photography (3rd & 5th) and Los Cabos Tourism.